In the Drink (Mack's Bar Mysteries)

by Allyson K. Abbott | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 075828019X Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 7/30/2015
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, July 30, 2015
Book #3 in the Mack's Bar Mystery series:

Mack's Bar and its crime-solving clientele are quickly gaining notoriety for helping solve some high-profile cases. But Mack is learning the hard way that not all press is good press...

By day, Mackenzie "Mack" Dalton is the proprietress of a popular Milwaukee watering hole. But after last call, she uses her unique cocktail of extra perceptive senses to help solve some of the city's most grisly homicides. Now, Mack and her bar stool detectives are happy to help when Tiny, one of the bar's newest patrons, asks them to look into his sister's murder. Though the case has gone cold, Mack's heightened senses quickly put her on the killer's trail. But when a throng of reporters intrigued by her talents descends on Mack's Bar, her efforts are muddled as a real-life Moriarty begins putting her infamous skills to the test, leaving Mack feeling shaken and stirred...

My Review: This is a great book and series! I really like the Mack Dalton character. Her boyfriend Duncan the police detective has to stay away from her because of work and a new man enters her life, making her confused about her love life. This book has two mysteries she is working to solve with her friends at the bar. It ends on a cliff hanger so I hope the author is working on book #4!

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at -- Mail or by hand,rings, RABCK, meetings, web, Georgia USA on Thursday, November 05, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (11/5/2015 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand,rings, RABCK, meetings, web, Georgia USA

Sending to DVG, I hope that you will enjoy this mystery series!

Journal Entry 3 by dvg at Deal, New Jersey USA on Friday, November 13, 2015
Arrived safely today! What a great surprise to discover three fun mysteries. I haven't unpacked my books, tossed a couple in my trunk that were discovered unboxed right before my move. In other words, this will get read quickly! Thank you so much JennyC1230!

Journal Entry 4 by dvg at Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 05, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (2/6/2016 UTC) at Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I really enjoyed reading this one. I found it hard to put down! I enjoyed Mack, Duncan, Mal and the various players of the Capone Club. It is a really good mystery with twists and turns to the end. I am anxiously awaiting the fourth in the series to be announced. I thank JennyC1230 for introducing the series to me. I am hooked!

A Surprise Wishlist Tag Game RABCK for eponine38 because I think it will be enjoyed as well. Happy travels little book.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, March 01, 2016
Thank you for sending the first three books in this series! They do indeed look interesting, and I thank you for your generosity!

Journal Entry 6 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, July 25, 2019
I do enjoy this series as well! Thanks for introducing me to it. :-)

This installment was unusual in that it had two mysteries going at once. I liked the way the "cold case" was solved, and the cliffhanger on the present-day mystery was a neat trick on the author's part. It's not a problem for me, as I already have the next in the series, (thanks again, JennyC1230 and dvg!:-) but I imagine it could be frustrating for those readers who bought the book when first published and then had to wait for the next one to come out. Anyway, the ruse worked on me, as I'm already about to start Shots in the Dark. Gotta see who's sending those strange and frightening clues to Mack!

Journal Entry 7 by wingeponine38wing at Little Free Library, Grayson Rd. in Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, July 25, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (7/25/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Grayson Rd. in Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Hope it finds a new reader!

Released for 2019 Keep Them Moving Challenge hosted by booklady331.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!