Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind: A Novel

by Ann B. Ross | Women's Fiction |
Registered by winglove2cookwing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 7/28/2015
Journal Entry 1 by winglove2cookwing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Picked up to read and/or release.

Journal Entry 2 by winglove2cookwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, April 04, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/4/2016 UTC) at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA

Releasing to ReallyBookish as her pick from the literary book box.

To the finder of this book:
What you have in your hands is an honest-to-goodness gift, no strings attached. You may keep it forever and ever, pass it on to a friend, or release it into the wild for someone else to find.

If you are new to BookCrossing, and find this book and this site, welcome!
Enjoy the site, the book, and hopefully the BookCrossing community. I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using any previous reader of this book ... or me, love2cook ... as the member who referred you. Or you may remain anonymous!

If you are an old hand at BookCrossing, thanks for wanting this book! Either way, I hope you'll make a brief journal entry so all the previous and future readers can track this book's journey. Thanks, and Happy Book Crossing! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, April 10, 2016
This book arrived in yesterday's mail, but since it was snowing(!!!) here, I didn't make the trek to the mailbox until today. Apologies for the slight delay in journalling. Thanks for sending it!

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, November 26, 2016
This was a decent read, but I had a little bit of trouble staying interested in it. I think that was mostly because the main character just didn't resonate with me. It was a nice, clean-cut novel and I would suggest it for fans of Jan Karon or Fannie Flagg, although I prefer those authors to Ross, at least based on this book.

Journal Entry 5 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, February 24, 2017
Reserving for the General Literature VBB.

Description from Amazon:

"Miss Julia, a recently bereaved and newly wealthy widow, is only slightly bemused when one Hazel Marie Puckett appears at her door with a youngster in tow and unceremoniously announces that the child is the bastard son of Miss Julia's late husband. Suddenly, this longtime church member and pillar of her small Southern community finds herself in the center of an unseemly scandal -- and the guardian of a wan nine-year-old whose mere presence turns her life upside down.

With razor-sharp wit and perfect 'Steel Magnolia' poise, Miss Julia speaks her mind indeed -- about a robbery, a kidnapping, and the other disgraceful events precipitated by her husband's death. Fast-paced and charming, with a sure sense of comic drama, a cast of crazy characters, and a strong Southern cadence, Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind will delight readers from first page to last."

Journal Entry 6 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Removing from the General Literature VBB and making available.

Journal Entry 7 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, June 10, 2018
Reserving for the Mystery / Thriller VBB. This is a crossover novel with many mystery elements. See full book description above.

Journal Entry 8 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, September 14, 2019
Removing from the Mystery/Thriller VBB and making available.

Journal Entry 9 by wingReallyBookishwing at PetSmart in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, November 16, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (11/16/2019 UTC) at PetSmart in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania USA

I hope the finder enjoys the book!