The Wedding Girl

by Madeleine Wickham | Women's Fiction |
Registered by crossingguardma of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 7/26/2015
Journal Entry 1 by crossingguardma from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 26, 2015
From Amazon

At the age of eighteen, in that first golden Oxford summer, Milly was up for anything. Rupert and his American lover, Allan, were an important part of her new, exciting life, so when Rupert suggested to her that she and Allan should get married to keep Allan in the country, Milly didn't hesitate.

Ten years later, Milly is a very different person and engaged to Simon--who is wealthy, serious, and believes her to be perfect. Milly's secret history is locked away so securely she has almost persuaded herself that it doesn't exist--until, only four days before her elaborate wedding. To have and to hold takes on a whole new meaning when one bride's past catches up with her and bring the present crashing down.

Journal Entry 2 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 26, 2015
This was an interesting book. I picked it up at the Lamplighter campground book exchange in Revelstoke, BC, Canada. I noticed that Madeline Wickman is the real name of Sophie Kinsella. Now that she is famous with her shopaholic series, sphere first books are being rereleased.

I thought this was going to be a fluffy comedy type book like the shop books were. But this was quite different. It tackled many different issues such as homosexuality, religion, bigamy, unwed pregnancy, marriage, affairs to name a few! Perhaps a few to many but none the less it was a good read and got you to think about stuff! Enjoyed the book..

Journal Entry 3 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 08, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (8/8/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

On holidays in Peachland and finished the book. Passed on to Sing song as we were having a wonderful holiday with them.

Journal Entry 4 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 08, 2015
oops - forgot to journal this after getting it on holidays from Crossingguradma.

Journal Entry 5 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Hated the book at first. Disliked the characters etc. Then, just when I was going to put it down, it finally hooked me. It touched on many hot topics and yes - characters can change

Journal Entry 6 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 09, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/9/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the December meet up at Cravings.

Journal Entry 7 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 13, 2018
Picked up at the Christmas meeting!

Journal Entry 8 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (1/12/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the January meeting!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 9 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 13, 2019
Picked up at today’s Calgary bookcrossing meetup. Looking forward to the read!