Soda Poppery

by Stephen N. Tchudi | History |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 7/19/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, July 19, 2015
If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at bookbox in Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (4/18/2018 UTC) at bookbox in Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! Off in MaryZee's box of The History of Things

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, May 26, 2018
I'm claiming this from the Biographies of Things bookbox. Will be interesting to see what it says about my own favorite soft drink!

Later: Not a bad overview of the soft drink industry, with emphasis on the major players, Coke and Pepsi, and an enjoyable look at Dr Pepper (my personal favorite, though I do like Coke - in glass bottles only - sometimes). Also discussed are the more fringe varieties such as Yoohoo (a chocolate-flavored soda that never appealed to me) and Moxie (a New England brand that's too medicinal for my taste, but that still has ardent fans).

The author includes suggestions for readers to keep their own "soda poppery" logs of flavors, comparative taste-tests, and eventually of recipes - yep, there's a section on making your own soft drinks, either from the yeast-based formula or from adding flavorings to soda-water. I still recall making root beer from extract and yeast; we did lose a few bottles to exploding-cap syndrome, but most of the time it worked beautifully, and it was a lot of fun.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Maine Diner in Wells, Maine USA on Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/19/2018 UTC) at Maine Diner in Wells, Maine USA

I plan to leave this book in or near the Maine Diner while stopping by for lunch; hope the finder enjoys it!

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***