Jane Austen Miscellany

by Author unknown | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1402206852 Global Overview for this book
Registered by ukcanaus of Melbourne, Victoria Australia on 7/14/2015
Journal Entry 1 by ukcanaus from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, July 14, 2015

In a modest effort to feed the longing for more Jane than we can ever get, The Jane Austen Miscellany is a generous serving of:

- Fascinating facts of Jane's life and career
- Quotes from admirers and detractors (can you believe she had detractors?)
- Quotes from your favourite characters
- The barbed wit of Jane herself
- Revealing excerpts from Jane's personal letters
- Profiles of Jane's brooding heroes, feisty heroines, comically flawed relatives and scurrilous villains
- The best of the sequels: suggestions for further reading and movie viewing
- Much, much more!

The Jane Austen Miscellany is the ultimate guide of everything Jane Austen for those who just can't get enough!

For reading Jane Austen, to those who love her, is like mounting with wings as eagles; we cannot tire.
-G.B Stern

Journal Entry 2 by ukcanaus at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Saturday, September 26, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (9/25/2015 UTC) at Melbourne, Victoria Australia

I know the recipient of this RABCK is an Austen fan (I hope you enjoy it!) :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Friday, December 25, 2015
This is a gem, I can tell that without having read the book. The front cover is lovely, and the feel of the pages are wonderful - and it is all about Jane Austen.

Journal Entry 4 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Wednesday, December 28, 2016
I have read through this little book numerous times. I tend to open it at random and read a snippet.
However, for some strange reason I have not, yet, registered the book as read. I will probably keep on to this for a little while, at least till I do find a reader worthy of it ;-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Sunday, March 19, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (3/19/2017 UTC) at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway

This book is travelling as my February book - off to Belarus!

Journal Entry 6 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, April 15, 2017
Received today! Thanks

Journal Entry 7 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Sunday, November 26, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (11/27/2017 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

Is going to Queen72 (HGG present)

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 8 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Saturday, December 23, 2017
This book has found it's way to the USA thanks to Lamilla, who sent this book to me as a 2017 HGG gift. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 9 by wingQueen72wing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, January 26, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (1/26/2018 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

A really cute and enjoyable book about Jane Austen. I learned a lot of fun facts about her life.

Releasing this book in the "Small Surprise Bookbox #1 for 2018."

Journal Entry 10 by booboo123 at Rochester, Michigan USA on Saturday, March 10, 2018
Got the book from the Surprise Book Box #1 2018. Love Jane Austen. Looking forward to reading it.