Debts of Dishonour

by Jill Paton Walsh | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingbookfrogsterwing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/12/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookfrogsterwing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, July 12, 2015
I didn't really enjoy this in the main due to the characters who were all pretty awful people, or very weak. I wanted to shake most of them. The exception is Imogen, the main character. I'll be interested to see what other readers think of this one.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookfrogsterwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (9/29/2015 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to crimson-tide as part of the wishlist tag game. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Monday, January 04, 2016
Arrived safely along with its travelling companion after a long sea voyage.
Thanks very much, bookfrogster.

Update 25th January 2016: Reserved for catsalive as a wishlist tag.

Journal Entry 4 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, March 10, 2016
I agree with you bookfrogster, in that most of the characters in this one were basically pretty unlikeable. Having said that, I've been plugging on to my book group for years that just because you don't like or can't identify with one or more characters doesn't necessarily make for a 'bad' book. Imogen is an interesting creation, but does some stupid things in terms of her own safety, and always seems to somehow easily pick up on the vital evidence...

I've now read all four of the Imogen Quy series and this is probably the best of the four by a slim margin. But it is still nothing to write home about, with many unanswered questions. As with the others, the situations, actions and resolutions are all a bit far fetched and I still have a problem with the dialogue being not 100% natural or convincing.

Will be going off to catsalive once all the travelling companions have arrived.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Friday, April 29, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/29/2016 UTC) at Balingup, Western Australia Australia

The other passengers have finally arrived, so off to catsalive we go!
Happy reading. :-)

Journal Entry 6 by catsalive at Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Friday, May 06, 2016
Thanks for tagging me, crimson-tide.