Steal the Dragon (Sianim, No. 2)

by Patricia Briggs | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingnimrodielwing of Evanston, Illinois USA on 3/13/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingnimrodielwing from Evanston, Illinois USA on Sunday, March 13, 2016
picked up from the friends of the library book sale nook to read and release.

When Rialla was young, slave traders from Darran ambushed her clan, killing all the men and enslaving the women and children. For years, Rialla lived in bondage, serving her master while waiting for a chance to escape. When that chance came, she made the best of it--and fled to the mercenary nation of Sianim...

Now she can strike back at her former masters. A lord in Darran seeks to outlaw slavery--but there are plots to kill him before he can. Rialla is chosen by the spymaster of Sianim to prevent the murder--and is plunged into a world of deadly magic, where gods walk in human form. Where her most trusted companions are not what they claim. And where Rialla could be enslaved again...

Journal Entry 2 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Tuesday, November 27, 2018
I really enjoyed this book. I didn't feel like it was missing anything from a previous book, and looking at goodreads it seems that this is a stand alone story that includes some side characters from the main series. It was a great introduction to this fantasy world. Being a fan of Patricia Briggs's paranormal urban fantasy series Mercy Thomas I was leery of this very high fantasy type book at first. I was pleasantly surprised and wish it hadn't been hidden on my TBR pile for so long.

Journal Entry 3 by wingnimrodielwing at Little Free Library at William H. Twiggs Park in Evanston, Illinois USA on Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (12/3/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library at William H. Twiggs Park in Evanston, Illinois USA

Left in this rather packed little free library.