Let Them Call It Jazz and Other Stories (Penguin 60s)

by Jean Rhys | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingDeepswampwing of Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on 4/26/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingDeepswampwing from Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Tuesday, April 26, 2016
This small volume contains three tales of the solitary lives of women: 'Let Them Call It Jazz', 'Outside the Machine' and 'The Insect World'.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDeepswampwing at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (6/12/2018 UTC) at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden

Följer med Betty på resa, så kan jag följa hennes väg!

Journal Entry 3 by wingsota48wing at Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Tuesday, June 19, 2018
En liten bok som fulgte med Betty XI.

Journal Entry 4 by wingsota48wing at Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Thursday, June 21, 2018
A small good read which will follow Betty XI on her journey.

Journal Entry 5 by wingsota48wing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 21, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (6/22/2018 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

To travel in the Betty XI book game.

The book is released as part of the "Keep the books moving" release challenge.

Journal Entry 6 by LESEHEST at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Friday, June 29, 2018
Thanks! I like tiny books.
Hopefully I will get the time to read this one before it has to travel along with Betty XI

Journal Entry 7 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Monday, July 30, 2018
The book is in Stavanger now.

Journal Entry 8 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Wednesday, January 09, 2019
I do not read enough short stories! Every time I read some, I tell myself I should do it more often.
I had not read anything by Jean Rhys before, but I have her most famous book "Wide Sargasso Sea" on my shelf. I really did like her writing style, she managed to portrait the despair of these women well. I particularly liked the first and the last stories.