Orphan Train

Reading is Fundamental
by Christina Baker Kline | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0061950726 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 12/13/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, December 13, 2015
If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, March 7, 2016
It was an interesting story line, but I didn't appreciate the foul language. I believe the book would have been better without it. I enjoyed how the two story lines complemented each other. I wonder what will become of Molly.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (3/8/2016 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! Surprise RABCK to reallybookish (a wishlist book) for Celebrate the Irish (Vivian's family migrated from Ireland), 4 Elements (Rain), and Oh, the Places We Can Go (Rain, Germany; Rain, Austria; Rain, KY)

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, March 21, 2016
Wow! Many thanks for the surprise RABCK! This looks great; hope to read it fairly soon. I'm off now to mark this one as "granted" on my wishlist. Thanks again, booklady331!

Journal Entry 5 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, November 21, 2016
This was an enjoyable read that pulled me in right away and kept my interest throughout. I especially liked the characters, whom I found to be realistic and well-drawn. There were a few plot points that I found to be a bit predictable, personally, but I enjoyed the writing and storyline in general.

Also, I love that this book alerted me to the "orphan trains" in our nation's history. I was not aware of this piece of American history prior to reading this book.

This was a quick read and I think the book would be enjoyed by a wide variety of readers. It seems to be a popular book club selection, and I can see why. Overall, a solid novel.

Journal Entry 6 by wingReallyBookishwing at RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 12, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (12/13/2016 UTC) at RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

This is headed out to collectorkerri, who had it on her wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by collectorkerri at Springfield, Illinois USA on Wednesday, December 21, 2016
I've been wanting to read this for awhile. Thanks, ReallyBookish!

Journal Entry 8 by collectorkerri at Springfield, Illinois USA on Sunday, January 28, 2018
I really enjoyed the dual narratives in this book. Both main characters had interesting stories. I was aware the orphan trains existed, but had no idea so many children went through that awful experience. I hope one day to visit the orphan train museum in Kansas.

Interestingly, the book started its journey with booklady331, and the next step of its journey is to cross the Atlantic and spend a little time with Bookworm-lady. She chose it in my First Sentences Virtual Bookbox, first sentence being "I believe in ghosts." Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, February 14, 2018
And the book is here with me... Quite a surprise, but this well-travelled seems intriguing, and all previous readers have enjoyed it.
Thank you very much, collectorkerri! :)

Journal Entry 10 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, February 28, 2021
Reserved for lauraloo29, in the INTL WishList Game; I might read it first. :)