The Book of Lost Things

by John Connolly | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 074329890x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingherchellewing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 6/27/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingherchellewing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 27, 2015
I always love to find a sales slip inside the book that I am journalling! This book was purchased at Coles at the Calgary Airport (YYC) on 08/03/31 at
15:08. I wonder if they liked it?
Thank you for catching this book and coming here to see its journal!
To me, it’s important to be sure this book is in (your!) good hands. Please, let me know that you’ve found it. I’m also interested to know what you thought of it. That’s why I ask you to re-visit the site and make another journal entry sharing your thoughts and maybe telling what kind of plans you have for it.

If you are new to BookCrossing, stay in the site a bit longer and enjoy it. You’re more than welcome to join the fun and become a member.

HAPPY READING!!!
Many thanks, Herchelle
Calgary, Alberta CANADA

Journal Entry 2 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, July 10, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (7/11/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I saw that this book is on my buddy Fracula's wishlist, it it is off to the meetup we go!

Journal Entry 3 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 12, 2015
Herchelle, thank you so much for the wishlist grant! I can't remember who recommended it to me, but I am looking forward to reading it. How thoughtful!

"High in his attic bedroom, twelve-year-old David mourns the death of his mother, with only the books on his shelf for company. But those books have begun to whisper to him in the darkness. Angry and alone, he takes refuge in his imagination and soon finds that reality and fantasy have begun to meld. While his family falls apart around him, David is violently propelled into a world that is a strange reflection of his own -- populated by heroes and monsters and ruled by a faded king who keeps his secrets in a mysterious book, The Book of Lost Things.

Taking readers on a vivid journey through the loss of innocence into adulthood and beyond, New York Times bestselling author John Connolly tells a dark and compelling tale that reminds us of the enduring power of stories in our lives."

Journal Entry 4 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, December 11, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (12/12/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the December meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 5 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 13, 2015
Picked up at the December meeting!

Journal Entry 6 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (1/12/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the January meeting!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 7 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 13, 2019
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing January meet-up. The extensive notes at the back of the book about fairy tales is what sold me on this.

Journal Entry 8 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 09, 2019
For some reason I thought this was YA, but it's definitely not written for kids even though the main character is a boy who finds himself in another realm. There are some pretty dark points in the book, but it's easy to forget that fairy tales were not always these whimsical stories. It was neat to see the author putting his own spin on classic tales (hence the lengthy references in the back). And I do appreciate the appearance of the classic Two Door Riddle where one guard only speaks the truth and one guard only speaks lies. Excellent read if you enjoy dark fairy tales.

Journal Entry 9 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 09, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (2/9/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing on this book to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing February meet-up.

Journal Entry 10 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, February 14, 2019
Picked this up at the February Calgary BookCrossing Meetup.