Murder on the Rocks (Mack's Bar Mysteries)

by Allyson K. Abbott | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 6/27/2015
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, June 27, 2015
Book #1 in the Mack's Bar Mystery series: Mack's Bar is one of those nice, friendly places where everybody knows your name. That's great when someone's buying you a round, but not so hot when you find yourself atop a list of murder suspects--with your fingerprints on the bloody knife!

Mackenzie "Mack" Dalton is a Milwaukee bar owner with a nose for trouble--literally. A neurological glitch has left her with extra perceptive senses. So when she stumbles upon a dead body in the alley behind the bar--the same spot where her own father was shot eight months earlier--she can tell right away there's something fishy in the air. The lead detective thinks there's a link between the two deaths, and he'll need Mack's help to sniff out the murderer amid the crowd of eccentric regulars. But when all the evidence points to her as the most likely culprit, it could be an early last call for Mack--and celebratory cocktails for a killer.

I bought this used book from Amazon, because I got the second book in the series from another Bookcrosser and I wanted to read the 1st one before reading the 2nd one: Murder with a Twist by: Allyson K. Abbott.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 10, 2015
My Review: I really liked this book, the main character Mack is intelligent and likable, not all the main characters in books are like that. Mack has a certain sensitivity that may help her solve crimes. Duncan Albright is the detective on the murder in this book. Mack and Duncan have some chemistry, so there may be a romance brewing. This was really hard to put down.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at -- Mail or by hand,rings, RABCK, meetings, web, Georgia USA on Thursday, November 05, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (11/5/2015 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand,rings, RABCK, meetings, web, Georgia USA

Sending to DVG, I hope that you will enjoy this mystery series!

Journal Entry 4 by dvg at Deal, New Jersey USA on Friday, November 13, 2015
Arrived safely in my mailbox today! Thank you so much JennyC1230 for sharing this and the two behind it in the series. I am looking forward to reading this new author. Since you liked it, I have a feeling I will too. Thank you! Cheers!

Journal Entry 5 by dvg at Deal, New Jersey USA on Sunday, January 10, 2016
I really enjoyed this book! I had the same journaling thoughts as JennyC1230. I truly liked the main character, Mack. I wasn't too crazy about her boyfriend. The author wrote well and I was surprised at the ending. I liked Duncan and the flirtations throughout the book. Looking forward to reading the second in the series. A fun and good read. =)

Thanks you so much for sharing this with me. I have someone in mind for the books I have so I will save and probably send them together.

Journal Entry 6 by dvg at Surprise, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 05, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (2/6/2016 UTC) at Surprise, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sending this enjoyable mystery to eponine38 as a surprise RABCK in the Wishlist Tag Game. While its not on your wishlist, taking a peek on your BC page, I think you will enjoy this and the others in the series.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 7 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, March 01, 2016
Thank you for sending the first three books in this series! They do indeed look interesting, and I thank you for your generosity!

Journal Entry 8 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, July 01, 2017
Loved this debut in the Mack’s Bar series. I just couldn’t put it down! The title character, Mackenzie, was likeable, and I’m fascinated with her neurological condition, synesthesia, where you smell colors and see sounds – a mixing of the senses. The mystery itself was well-plotted, too. A real page-turner!

Though not much of a drinker, I will certainly try some of the drink recipes. My fat tooth craves the Macktini, named for our owner/sleuth, which includes espresso, Kahlua, vodka, white crème de cacao, and heavy cream. Sounds heavenly!

Thank goodness dvg has kept me well-supplied with the next three (!) in this series (thank you again, dvg!!!), so I can start the second installment soon😊.
--------------
Reserved for bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB (round 19).

Journal Entry 9 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, July 21, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (7/21/2017 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Traveling to booklady331 via bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB. Hope you like it!

Journal Entry 10 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, July 25, 2017
The book arrived today. thank you for sending it to me. Also for the beautiful bookmark.

Journal Entry 11 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, January 17, 2018
It is fun to read the first in a series, first. Like the other readers, I liked Mack and the story line made sense. It was fun to see how things worked out (though I figured out the killer before he was revealed).

Journal Entry 12 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, May 03, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/3/2018 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! KTM RABCK to NancyNova

Journal Entry 13 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, May 26, 2018
arrived and shelved with the other ABC tbrs. Thanks!