corner corner The Girl Who Could Fly

The Girl Who Could Fly
by Victoria Forester | Teens
Registered by freezone of Boston, Massachusetts USA on 10/29/2016

status (set by freezone): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by freezone from Boston, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, October 29, 2016

Welcome to BookCrossing! I hope you enjoy your new book.

Journal Entry 2 by freezone at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (11/7/2017 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Will be adding this to the Wild Things book box, based on a bad pun made with the title...in the grand tradition of the "what to read this month" forum. I hope you enjoy your new book and come back here to share your thoughts about it, before you pass the book along to another reader.

I think I wrote a lengthy review of this book before, and then my computer ate it, when the BC site was pretty buggy. This was generally a fun book, and entertained me when I was under the weather and looking for an adventure. It felt a little calculated and formulaic, but there feel like real high stakes in the plot, which is not a given for a YA book, so kudos to the author. I also liked the way in which characters were not drawn too simply or obviously....you really had to try to figure out where the truth lay, and the author didn't futz around with fake red herrings or an illogical plot. So, pretty well done, and relatively gripping.