The Coming Plague: Newly Emerging Diseases in a World Out of Balance

by Laurie Garrett | Science |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 6/16/2015
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Tuesday, June 16, 2015
1995 Farrar, Strauss and Giroux hardcover, with dust jacket, of the 1994 study of the inevitable crisis. This is sort of a mobid interest of mine, so I hope I can read this before it happens. I bought this massive books some weeks ago for 25 cents from the sale shelf at Dimond Library.

Edit August 10, 2020: This is a very thorough study of virus history. It is way too much detail for the casual reader. And it is a difficult read, as I was just trying to get an overview of what the odds are of a devastating outbreak. So it suffers from way too much detail. I currently have this ranked at #4942 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 1 mo ago (8/11/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library at 15049 Fleming Street in San Leandro, California USA

... in the box.

Please look her up on Google and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.