The Bridge of San Luis Rey (Perennial Classics)

by Thornton Wilder | Philosophy |
Registered by Aberpeter of Kirkland, Washington USA on 6/2/2015
Journal Entry 1 by Aberpeter from Kirkland, Washington USA on Tuesday, June 02, 2015
from the back of the book:
The Bridge of San Luis Rey opens in the aftermath of an inexplicable tragedy - a tiny footbridge in Peru breaks, and five people hurtle to their deaths. For Brother Juniper, a humble monk who witnesses the catastrophe, the question is inescapable: Why those five? Suddenly Brother Juniper is committed to discover what manner of lives they led - and whether it was diving intervention or a capricious fate that took their lives.

Journal Entry 2 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Tuesday, June 09, 2015
An interesting read. Thorton Wilder paints a picture of the lives of five people leading up to their unexpected deaths. Did any of them deserve to die? Was there a reason why these five were chosen to die on this particular day? Brother Juniper sets out to find answers to these questions.

Journal Entry 3 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Monday, June 29, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (6/29/2015 UTC) at Kirkland, Washington USA

sending to dabercro

Journal Entry 4 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Wednesday, July 08, 2015
Arrived in the mail. Thanks Aberpeter!

Journal Entry 5 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2015
A look at the lives of the five people who were on a footbridge when it collapsed. It was interesting how their lives intertwined while they lived.

Journal Entry 6 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Reserving for the General Literature VBB.

Journal Entry 7 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Friday, September 30, 2016
Not chosen from the General Literature VBB.

Journal Entry 8 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Reserved for the Books I've Read VBB.

Journal Entry 9 by dabercro at Virtual Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, July 14, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/13/2018 UTC) at Virtual Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Chosen from the VBB. Sent to booklady331 in Florida.

Journal Entry 10 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, July 20, 2018
This book arrived today. Oh, this is too funny. When I opened the package I realized I had read this book a few years ago. I need to stop reading so much —— now that will never work I will find it a new reader.

Adding to ABC VBB 1/21/19

Journal Entry 11 by wingbooklady331wing at San Jose, California USA on Friday, March 15, 2019

Released 10 mos ago (3/15/2019 UTC) at San Jose, California USA

Enjoy! KTM book to another BCer for On, The Places We Can Go Release Challenge 2019 -- San Luis Rey