Perfume: the Story of a Murderer (Read Red)

by Patrick Suskind | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingAbi-Gibbywing of Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on 6/2/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingAbi-Gibbywing from Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 02, 2015
This book will be going to one of the winners of my spring clear out RABCK

Journal Entry 2 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (6/3/2015 UTC) at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom

Here's your prize :)

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 3 by chamonix44 at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, June 15, 2015
Thank you so much Abi-Gibby for this interesting-looking book, the delicious Cadbury's chocolate goodies and the wonderful pink stone heart keyring saying "Cornwall".

The chocolate only lasted long enough for the photo to be taken, and then my husband and I tucked into it, hehe. We can't buy it here in NL. so it was a real big treat. The stone heart is gorgeous as I actually collect pretty stones as well as beach pebbles, seashells and seaglass. Cornwall is my favourite county. So this keyring will be used. I love it.

I have heard of this book, "Perfume" before, but never read it. I will start reading it straight away. What a wonderful package. Thank you very much. I really am so thrilled to have received it. The package arrived last week by the way and I apologise for having waited a few days before I journalled it and let you know that it is now safe with me. The only things that weren't safe with me were the chocolates! But they were eaten with great pleasure!

GOODREADS REVIEW:
An acclaimed bestseller and international sensation, Patrick Suskind's classic novel provokes a terrifying examination of what happens when one man's indulgence in his greatest passion — his sense of smell — leads to murder.

In the slums of eighteenth-century France, the infant Jean-Baptiste Grenouille is born with one sublime gift — an absolute sense of smell. As a boy, he lives to decipher the odors of Paris, and apprentices himself to a prominent perfumer who teaches him the ancient art of mixing precious oils and herbs. But Grenouille's genius is such that he is not satisfied to stop there, and he becomes obsessed with capturing the smells of objects such as brass doorknobs and fresh-cut wood. Then one day he catches a hint of a scent that will drive him on an ever-more-terrifying quest to create the "ultimate perfume" — the scent of a beautiful young virgin. Told with dazzling narrative brillance, Perfume is a hauntingly powerful tale of murder and sensual depravity.

Translated from the German by John E. Woods

Journal Entry 4 by chamonix44 at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, June 23, 2015
A totally pointless, though intriguing story of depravity and unlike anything else you will ever have read before. About an olfactory obsessed killer, where scent takes over from vision. Whilst reading this strange story you will become more aware of the scents and aromas all around you, and perfume will never be the same again to you. As I already said, a pointless novel, but well worth a read! It will keep drawing you in, as you can't wait to know what will happen next! With this short description I will leave you wondering what sits within these pages.......

Journal Entry 5 by chamonix44 at Hengelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, January 08, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (1/8/2016 UTC) at Hengelo, Overijssel Netherlands

I am giving this book to fellow bookcrosser, KJSkye.

Hallo daar, gelukkige vinder!
Wat leuk dat je op deze pagina bent komen kijken. Als je dit leest, heb je een boek gevonden, zomaar een onverwacht kadootje van mij voor jou... Veel plezier ermee! Hierbij trouwens wat spelregels mbt bookcrossing:

1. Het zou fijn zijn als je meldt dat het veilig bij jou is. Dat mag gewoon in het Nederlands.
2. Daarna kun je het boek gaan lezen en als je wilt nog eens schrijven wat je ervan vond.
3. Mag het boek verder reizen, geef het dan door aan iemand anders, of laat het zomaar ergens weer achter, liefst op een veilige, droge plek. Je kunt via de bookcross-site ook weer melden waar je het hebt neergelegd, zodat anderen ernaar op zoek kunnen gaan...
TIP: Als je het boek op zijn reis wilt volgen, dan kun je je het beste aanmelden als nieuwe bookcrosser (www.bookcrossing.com). Het is erg leuk om erachter te komen hoe het met 'jouw' boek op z'n reis verder gaat!!
Ik zou het erg leuk vinden als je mij
chamonix44 dan opgeeft als referent. Voor Nederlandse uitleg kun je terecht op de volgende site: www.bookcrossing.nl

If you are reading here, then I want to tell you that this is a. FREE . book, and there are no catches! It is now yours! Please read on.....
If you are the finder of this book it would be nice if you could leave a message here to say that you have it. Do not worry because I don't want the book back. It is yours to keep if you want it. I just want to know it is now in safe hands.

Journal Entry 6 by KJSkye at Hengelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Received this book from chamonix44 and I will read it soon.