This House is Haunted

by John Boyne | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by LilyKlip of Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on 5/18/2015
Journal Entry 1 by LilyKlip from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Monday, May 18, 2015
Review on amazon:

1867. On a dark and chilling night Eliza Caine arrives in Norfolk to take up her position as governess at Gaudlin Hall. As she makes her way across the station platform, a pair of invisible hands push her from behind into the path of an approaching train. She is only saved by the vigilance of a passing doctor.

It is the start of a journey into a world of abandoned children, unexplained occurrences and terrifying experiences which Eliza will have to overcome if she is to survive the secrets that lie within Gaudlin's walls.

-------------------------------------------------------

This is a nice old-fashioned ghost story which I enjoyed reading a lot. It has a wonderfully creepy setting, interesting characters and is just really well written.

Ring participants: Please read and pass on within 6 weeks. Thank you!

Samingo (Germany; Int'l shipping)
freuju (Germany; Int'l shipping)
catsalive (Australia; Int'l shipping)
JennyC1230 (US; Int'l shipping)
Plum-crazy (UK; UK shipping prefered, EU ok)
AngelChild (UK; Int'l shipping)
Nordpirat (Sweden; EU-shipping)
bluezwuzl (Germany; Int'l shipping)
Lambertus (Germany; Int'l shipping)
Jotka (Germany, Int'l shipping)
HappyHarryBabe (UK; UK-shipping)
Tanamo (UK; EU-shipping) not responding
VintageVanguard (Germany)

and back to me please.

Journal Entry 2 by LilyKlip at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Thursday, May 28, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (5/28/2015 UTC) at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany

And off it goes. Enjoy, everyone!

Journal Entry 3 by wingSamingowing at Tornesch, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Sunday, June 14, 2015
Ts.... I have asked you for the ID, I have labelled the book, but forgot to register... Book is with me, I started reading it...

Edit, July 7th: It took some time... What can I say? A true ghost story, lovely book, kept me busy through a couple of nights, could not lay the book aside! Great, thanks for giving me the chance to read it!

Released 5 yrs ago (7/8/2015 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Schleswig-Holstein Germany

Travels on to the next station! Enjoy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by freuju at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Saturday, July 11, 2015
Found this in my mailbox today. I am starting to read right away and looking forward to it! :)

Journal Entry 6 by freuju at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Couldn't put it down... A well-told creepy story in a wonderfully atmospheric setting, loved it! Thank you for offering the change to read it!

The book travels to Australia next. Bon voyage!

Journal Entry 7 by wingcatsalivewing at Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Friday, July 31, 2015
Book is here, thanks, freuju.

Journal Entry 8 by wingcatsalivewing at Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, August 12, 2015
A nicely written, enjoyable tale. I'm not usually one for ghost stories, but this was quite entertaining.

Thanks for sharing it LilyKlip. Off to JennyC1230 very soon.

Journal Entry 9 by wingcatsalivewing at USA, Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (8/13/2015 UTC) at USA, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sent on to JennyC1230 today via surface mail.

Journal Entry 10 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, August 25, 2015
The bookring is here. I will read this quickly and pass it on. Thanks for starting this bookring!

Journal Entry 11 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 31, 2015
This book was slow to start, but I'm glad I kept reading it. Really entertaining ghost story.

Plum-crazy sent their address so I will mail it soon.

Journal Entry 12 by JennyC1230 at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (9/9/2015 UTC) at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Plum-Crazy since they are next in line for this Bookring. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 13 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 24, 2015
Rec' d today - thanks! I've just started a new book today but will read this one next....looking forward to it :o)

Journal Entry 14 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 02, 2015
I've read a few of this type of "traditional" ghost stories recently....& this has been by far & away the best. It's a good storyline with a creepy atmosphere & it certainly kept me engrossed. As I neared the end it seemed pretty obvious the tack the story was taking but the very end still managed to give me a little shiver :o)

Journal Entry 15 by wingPlum-crazywing at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (10/7/2015 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

On it's way to Nordpirat - AngelChild asked to be skipped - hope you enjoy it as much as I did :o)

Released as part of
The SPOOK-TACULAR CHALLENGE (#9)

Journal Entry 16 by Nordpirat at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Monday, October 19, 2015
Book has arrived. Thank you!

Journal Entry 17 by Nordpirat at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Monday, November 02, 2015
Well told. I liked the authors way of writing and I rather took a liking for the character Eliza. I liked the way she does the research work, seeking people out, pursuing answers and not giving up.
An extra twist was the timing. The book arrived with me at the end of October and so providing me with a ghost story to read during Halloween.

Released 5 yrs ago (11/3/2015 UTC) at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray, Stockholm Sweden

The Haunted house will now be visiting Germany...

Journal Entry 19 by wingbluezwuzlwing at Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Saturday, November 07, 2015
The book arrived yesterday. Thanks for sending it my way! I'm sure, this time of the year there will be enough dark and gloomy days as suitable settings for reading the book... ;-)
----
From time to time I like to read a good ghost story and I agree, there are not many as good as this one. You just slip into the story and the atmosphere immediately closes around you...
Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 20 by Lambertus at Erkelenz, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, January 31, 2016
the book arrived a few days ago, thanks. Nice bookmark :-)

Thanks a lot for sharing, I had a great time reading this!
The book will continue its journey today-

Journal Entry 22 by Jotka at Cottbus, Brandenburg Germany on Monday, February 15, 2016
The book is here. Thank you for sending it and for the nice bonuses :) I like the ghost-bookmark too.

Journal Entry 23 by HappyHarryBabe at Callington, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, April 01, 2016
Arrived today

Journal Entry 24 by HappyHarryBabe at Callington, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, August 19, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (8/19/2016 UTC) at Callington, Cornwall United Kingdom

Posted to Germany. 😃

Journal Entry 25 by VintageVanguard at Friedrichshain, Berlin Germany on Thursday, August 25, 2016
Arrived today! Looking forward to read this 😊

Journal Entry 26 by VintageVanguard at Friedrichshain, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (9/14/2016 UTC) at Friedrichshain, Berlin Germany

The book is now on it's way back to LilyKlip. Thank you for organizing this ring!