Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog

by Ted Kerasote | Pets & Animals |
Registered by wingiwillrejoicewing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 5/16/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingiwillrejoicewing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Saturday, May 16, 2015
From a BookMoocher in Arizona.

Click the little globe, above, for a synopsis of this book!

Personally, I wish it had just been the story of the author & his dog. There's an awful lot of evolution, Buddhism, animal psychology (LOTS) & New Age thought in there, which I didn't much enjoy. Still, loved the story of Merle!

Journal Entry 2 by wingiwillrejoicewing at BookRing, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 20, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (8/20/2015 UTC) at BookRing, by mail -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 3 by katiesmama at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, August 22, 2015
This book will be sent to one of the winners of my 10th BC anniversary RABCK. This fits the bill for both any non-fiction, or Bio/memoir on her wishlist, but even more so, it should also fit as a release for a September release challenge she's participating in. Fun on a couple of levels!!

Journal Entry 4 by katiesmama at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, August 29, 2015
In the mail to NancyNova today, happy travels little book! (tracking#9549 0110 7022 5241 3802 67

Journal Entry 5 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Odd, I never checked this in. I have a potential new reader for this great book

A delightfully different book. Merle is a stray who wanders into Ted's campsite and adopts him. The author writes about his life with Merle in the great outdoors, and inserts facts and dog history in between.

Journal Entry 6 by wingNancyNovawing at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, December 26, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (12/26/2015 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

A bonus book. Enjoy!

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy! Thanks and happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingjmsmomwing at Newalla, Oklahoma USA on Friday, January 08, 2016
Received today from NancyNova. Thank you!

Journal Entry 8 by wingjmsmomwing at Newalla, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, November 18, 2018
I did enjoy this book, however, like iwillrejoice, I would have preferred more Merle and less of the history, etc....

Journal Entry 9 by wingjmsmomwing at bookbox, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Released 4 days ago (6/11/2019 UTC) at bookbox, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sent in Ollie's Anything Goes Book Box.

Journal Entry 10 by missprisy at Edmond, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, June 13, 2019
Removed from Ollie's Anything Goes Bookbox.