The Violets of March: A Novel

by Sarah Jio | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingNancyNovawing of Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on 5/16/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, May 16, 2015
from library book sale

Journal Entry 2 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, May 16, 2015
duplicate copy, making available

Journal Entry 3 by wingNancyNovawing at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, August 01, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (8/1/2015 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

A Rabck. Also for the A-Z and RAbck challenges

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy! Thanks and happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingDove-i-Libriwing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, August 13, 2015
This was on my wish list! Thank you so much for sending this! I am eager to read it, but it'll be a long time til it gets to the top of Mount TBR! Thank you!

January 25, 2018: Plucked off of the top of Mount TBR. It's on the short list. Planning to use this book as part of my "2018 Reduce Mount TBR Challenge" (Link) and then send it along as part of Booklady331's "2018 Keep Them Moving Challenge" (Link).

July 26, 2018: Chosen by minesayn as part of book_drunkard's FB Christmas in July Bookcrossers' game! Will send it off to her as soon as I've read it!

I enjoyed reading this book with two stories - one in the past, and one in the present. Now ready to be sent off to continue its travels.

Released 1 yr ago (9/8/2018 UTC) at ~~~ ~~~ A Fellow BookCrosser ~~~ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sent off to Minesayn in Ohio as part of book_drunkard's "Christmas in July" Facebook Exchange!

☺ Happy Traveling, Book! ☺

USPS Tracking Number 9114 9010 7574 2662 6214 77

Journal Entry 6 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Sunday, September 16, 2018
Received in the mail...a surprise that awaited as I returned from a short trip to see my son and his wife. Thanks for my Christmas in July present, dove-i-libri; I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 7 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Friday, July 10, 2020
From Dove-i-libra (Christmas in July package). It is only fitting that I finished it in July. Lovely story.

A love story within a love story within several generations...that's this novel in a nutshell, BUT that's not all.

Emily Wilson is going through a rough time (in the midst of a divorce) when she returns to Bainbridge Island, her favorite summer spot at her great-aunt's Bee home. Except it is not summer; it's March. Still, this much needed time away will help her in ways she never expected.

Finding a diary will unlock mysteries which she feels compelled to solve. The diary and meeting friends from the past will only aid in her healing. Or will it as painful betrayals lurk around the corner? Who to trust on an island where those with knowledge want to keep secrets hidden?

A beautifully written debut novel with characters a reader will grow to love and empathize with like Bee, Evelyn, Henry, and more.