Still Life with Bread Crumbs: A Novel

by Anna Quindlen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingMyssCynwing of San Antonio, Texas USA on 5/14/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingMyssCynwing from San Antonio, Texas USA on Thursday, May 14, 2015
Bought for NancyNova for wishlist tag. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, May 17, 2015
Now I have two? Went to add this one to the spreadsheet and it showed I already had a wishlist tag copy from the lovely MyssCyn...from 2 months ago. So I guess the store sent it twice! This one will be made available, and I will look for a tag-it-forward for this copy.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNancyNovawing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Sunday, July 12, 2015

Released 6 yrs ago (7/18/2015 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Released in the Potpourri bookbox.

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy! Thanks and happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, July 20, 2015
I selected this novel from the Bride of Potpourri Bookbox. I love Anna Quindlen, so this one should be perfect for me. Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, May 7, 2021
This was my first of Quindlen's novels, and based on this experience I would say that I prefer her nonfiction. It wasn't a bad book by any means, but I found it a bit slow to get started and it didn't really pick up for me until about the halfway point. In addition, I wasn't completely fond of the main character. She was probably realistically portrayed, but there were things about her that I found a bit off-putting. Still, a solid novel overall.

Journal Entry 6 by wingReallyBookishwing at Pebble Valley Drive LFL in Doylestown, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, October 17, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/17/2021 UTC) at Pebble Valley Drive LFL in Doylestown, Pennsylvania USA

I hope the finder enjoys the book!

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Doylestown, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, October 28, 2021
Just started the book but it seems like a good find. I just love finding little gems like this one in the little libraries around town.