Dark Places

by gillian flynn | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingAbi-Gibbywing of Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on 5/9/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingAbi-Gibbywing from Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, May 09, 2015
I thought this book was very well written with a good story line and plot which kept you guessing did he or didn't he and what all the secrets and lies were until the very end.

I also think it had some strong characters who were kinda relatable for me this was Libby :) I felt sorry for her the who.e way through the book. And wanted to strangle her brother Ben for being so arrogant and stupid.

I think it was that bit better than gone girl

Journal Entry 2 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (5/28/2015 UTC) at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom

Going to one of the WINNERS of my spring clear out RABCK

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, June 10, 2015
And the book is here!
Thank you for this WishList book, I have enjoyed two previous novels by this writer, and I'm looking forward to reading this one, particularly because you have enjoyed it a lot.
Thanks for the chocolate and beautiful cornwall key-ring as well! :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, February 02, 2020
Currently reading it; I have found a new home for this novel when I finish. :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, February 16, 2020
A very good novel... I didn't see the final twist coming, although all the clues were there.
I was expecting good writing from Ms Flynn, having read "Gone Girl" and "Sharp Objects", and I was not disappointed.
Characters are well-rounded and credible, and the reader will establish a love-hate relationship with Libby, the main character and in some chapters reteller of the story.
I confess I skipped a whole episode with cows... it proved too much for me.
Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it... and about time!
Thanks for sharing, Abi, it will soon continue its travels towards another lucky reader. :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, February 20, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (2/20/2020 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent yesterday this WishList book to Schwester, who won the past edition of the INTL RABCK Sweepstakes. I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I did. :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingschwesterwing at Wien Bezirk 03 - Landstraße, Wien Austria on Friday, February 21, 2020
Thank you!!!! I liked "Gone Girl" and "Sharp Objects" a lot!

Journal Entry 8 by wingschwesterwing at Wien Bezirk 03 - Landstraße, Wien Austria on Tuesday, March 10, 2020
I did not at all see that final twist coming!
As with the two other books I read by Gillian Flynn the first impression when I read the blurb was: well, maybe not my stuff, a little too nightmare voyeuristic. But it is really really good, about how crazy hysteria can get (seems the book of the day, even if it is COVID-19 at the moment), how unlucky nonsense can build up to a monstrous catastrophe, and not least: how awful being poor is in so many huge and small ways.

Journal Entry 9 by wingschwesterwing at Wien Bezirk 03 - Landstraße, Wien Austria on Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Released 1 wk ago (3/17/2020 UTC) at Wien Bezirk 03 - Landstraße, Wien Austria