The Girl in the Green Raincoat (hardcover)

by Laura Lippman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingLaveggioCoffeewing of Binghamton, New York USA on 5/9/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingLaveggioCoffeewing from Binghamton, New York USA on Saturday, May 09, 2015
purchased at our local library book sale.

This was a quick light read for me, enjoyable with a few surprises.

Inside flap: In the third trimester of her pregnancy, Baltimore private investigator Tess Monaghan is under doctor's orders to remain immobile. Bored and restless, reduced to watching the world go by outside her window, she takes small comfort in the mundane events she observes...like the young woman in a green raincoat who walks her dog at the same time every day. Then one day the dog is running free and its owner is nowhere to be seen......

reserving for watermixie's Wrap It Up bookbox

Journal Entry 2 by wingLaveggioCoffeewing at Wrap It Up Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, May 21, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (5/21/2015 UTC) at Wrap It Up Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

sent in watermixie's Wrap It up bookbox to the next in line.

Happy Travels

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Taking out of Waternixie’s Wrap it Up Bookbox. I haven't read anything by this author, but it looks like a good read. The storyline reminds me of one of my favorite movies: Rear Window (1954), directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly.

First line: "'I am being held hostage,' Tess Monaghan whispered into her IPhone."

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, June 18, 2015
My Review: Normally I like to read a series in order, but I decided to read this one without reading the other 10 in the series. I've got just a FEW books to read. Even though I hadn't read anything about Tess Monaghan, I didn't feel lost in the story in any way. It's an excellent quick read that's hard to put down.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 03, 2015
This book is reserved for: Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 01, 2016
This book wasn't picked up from the Mystery VBB, so it's available.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, July 10, 2016
Reserved for Booklady331's ABC VBB.

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, October 14, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (10/14/2016 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Booksandmusic from Booklady331's ABC VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, March 08, 2018
There were certain things I liked; the dogs, the sense of humor, the unpredictability. But it was very short and had an unfinished feel to it. It read more like the menu than the meal.
Tess is pregnant and on bed rest, she is bored out of her skull. Every day she sees a lady in a green rain coat walking her dog who is also wearing a green coat. One day she sees the dog running free but no lady. She uses her computer and her friends to start researching. What she finds leads her to suspect the husband, he has numerous dead wives, could the lady in the green rain coat be the latest casualty? And the dog? Ends up with Tess. Don't think you now know the whole story because you don't, surprise, surprise!

Journal Entry 10 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, March 25, 2018
I'm putting this book in The Small Surprise Book Box run by Ollie1976

Journal Entry 11 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (3/27/2018 UTC) at Seattle, Washington USA

Mailed off in the Small Surprise Book Box

Journal Entry 12 by wingperryfranwing at Elk Grove, California USA on Saturday, April 28, 2018
Selected from the small surprise bookbox. Thanks!