Emotionally Weird

by Kate Atkinson | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 038540882x Global Overview for this book
Registered by arturogrande of Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 2/8/2004
Journal Entry 1 by arturogrande from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 8, 2004
TBR

Journal Entry 2 by arturogrande from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 2, 2004
Weird is the right word to describe this book - but a good kind of weird.

There's not a huge amount of plot, just enough for Kate Atkinson to hang her clever word games, sly digs at the conventions of literature and bizarre twists and turns onto.

The device of having the mother (or is she?) pop up at intervals to comment on the writing style and plot points works very well.

It doesn't make a great deal of sense - but that's the whole point.

It is very well written - a very unconventional novel.

It's now on its way to librarie in Norway (along with a little something extra.

I hope you enjoy it, librarie.

Journal Entry 3 by librarie from Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, June 12, 2004
This was a nice surprise to find in my mailbox this morning, as well as the "something extra"! Thank you very much for passing this on to me - from your journal entry I think I will enjoy this book.

Journal Entry 4 by librarie at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, October 28, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (10/28/2013 UTC) at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

It needs a new home