The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

by Kate DiCamillo | Children's Books |
Registered by wingmarmee463wing of Templestowe, Victoria Australia on 4/24/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingmarmee463wing from Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 24, 2015
No doubt this is a compelling read, as well as being a story of survival it contains an important life message along the lines 'no rabbit is an island'.
Edward's story is captivating, poignant and brings home the fact that life can be extra tough for some rabbits.
As this is a must read I will purchase more copies of this book in an effort to 'spread the word'.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmarmee463wing at Bien Food Store & Cafe in Rosanna, Victoria Australia on Monday, October 12, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (10/13/2015 UTC) at Bien Food Store & Cafe in Rosanna, Victoria Australia

Will release this on the window sill inside.

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmarmee463wing at Auckland Uncon 2015 in Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, October 29, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (11/12/2015 UTC) at Auckland Uncon 2015 in Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand

Will release this somewhere/sometime during the unconvention.

To the finder of this book -

Journal Entry 4 by wingGhaneschawing at Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, November 13, 2015
from the uncon 2015 .
what a fantastic book for my friend..... I hope he found it ;-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingGhaneschawing at München (MUC) in -- Flughäfen / Airports --, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (11/22/2015 UTC) at München (MUC) in -- Flughäfen / Airports --, Bayern Germany

"I like a thin book because it will steady a table, a leather volume because it will strop a razor, and a heavy book because it can be thrown at a cat."

Mark Twain

Journal Entry 6 by BC-Osterhase at Ostereistedt, Niedersachsen Germany on Friday, November 27, 2015
Wow - what a surprise! A bookcrossing book at the airport and absolutely perfect for me! And incredible: It's from the other side of the world!

I am so glad because I have never heard about Edward before and I don't know any china rabbits!

I am very nosy about his wacky experience and it sounds really cute :-)

Journal Entry 7 by BC-Osterhase at Ostereistedt, Niedersachsen Germany on Sunday, February 28, 2016
What a marvelous book! So sweet and bitter, so funny and sad.

Mr. Edward Tulane was such a vain rabbit! First he lived with a girl called Abilene, then with a fisherman and bis wife, with a hobo and his dog, with a girl, who died and with a boy who played harmonica. He also had to work as a scarecrow! (see the photo)

But then he opened his heart... A heartbreaking story.

At the beginning the neighbour's dog was drooling. I also had already contact with a dog as I posted in the forum ;-)

_______@@______________@@
___@_____@_____________@______@
____@_____@@@_____@@@_____@

THANK YOUUUUUUU!!!
 _____@@@_____@@@_____@@@

And the nice picturepostcard (see above) will stay in the book!

Journal Entry 8 by BC-Osterhase at Ostereistedt, Niedersachsen Germany on Saturday, March 26, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/29/2016 UTC) at Ostereistedt, Niedersachsen Germany

Edward shall travel as a bookray. All participants are welcome and are listed here:

biro72
Amelie_13
Lesenmachtfroh
book-a-billy

Journal Entry 9 by biro72 at Bad Oeynhausen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, April 01, 2016
Arrived today. Thank you so much! I will start reading immediately...

Journal Entry 10 by biro72 at Bad Oeynhausen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, April 14, 2016
Just marvelous! I really love this book!

Journal Entry 11 by biro72 at Bad Oeynhausen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, April 18, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/19/2016 UTC) at Bad Oeynhausen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Thank you so much for this great ray. Will travel to Amelie_13 now.

Journal Entry 12 by Amelie_13 at Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Friday, April 22, 2016
Das Buch ist angekommen und ich werde es bald anfangen zu lesen.
Danke! Book just arrived and I'll soon start to read it. Thanks!

Journal Entry 13 by Amelie_13 at Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Monday, April 25, 2016
I liked this poignant story very much! Thank you for sharing!
Will be forwarded to the next reader quite soon.

Journal Entry 14 by wingLesenmachtfrohwing at Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Friday, May 06, 2016
jumped in today.
Thanks for the ring and sending

Journal Entry 15 by wingLesenmachtfrohwing at Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Sunday, May 08, 2016
A wonderful story that cheered my heart. I also loved the illustrations, which truly made the story come alive. Edward learns that it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all... even when that love makes you hurt inside.
I have to find out more about the the author an specially about the illustrator.

This is my favorite

Journal Entry 16 by wingLesenmachtfrohwing at Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Friday, July 01, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (7/1/2016 UTC) at Nürnberg, Bayern Germany

Keeps on travelling destination book-a-billy
Happy Reading!

Viel Freude dem Finder an dem Buch!
Ich hoffe, du findest die Idee einer "weltweiten Bibliothek" ebenso spannend wie ich!
Dir, liebes Buch, eine gute Reise und lass mal von dir hören!

Journal Entry 17 by book-a-billy at München, Bayern Germany on Thursday, July 07, 2016
This wonderful book arrived here today - Thanks a lot!
I will read it and then probably make it available for pupils of the English language in some way.

Journal Entry 18 by book-a-billy at München, Bayern Germany on Sunday, April 14, 2019
A heart-warming story. The illustrations are also wonderful. Thank you for sharing ! Edward has told me today that he would like to travel on and surprise someone at Easter. So I think I have to let him go.

Journal Entry 19 by bluezwuzl at Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Saturday, April 27, 2019
Edward hopped my way from book-a-billy's hands. He'll stay with me for a while, and I promise to find someone with a heart for rabbits, when his journey is bound to continue!
---
What a heart-warming story! And I really love the beautiful illustrations of Bagram Ibatoulline, which make you see the colours, even if they are black and white only!
Now Edward has to wait a little bit for his journey to continue, and continue it will!