Band of Brothers

by Stephen E. Ambrose | History |
Registered by wingAbi-Gibbywing of Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on 4/15/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingAbi-Gibbywing from Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, April 15, 2016
World book night 2016 edition of band of brothers.

What is world book night you may ask
Well.......
.....World Book Night is an annual celebration of reading and books that takes place on 23 April. It sees passionate volunteers give out hundreds of thousands of books in their communities to share their love of reading with people who don’t read regularly or own books. World Book Night is run by The Reading Agency, a national charity that inspires people to become confident and enthusiastic readers to help give them an equal chance in life.

Book description
They fought on Utah Beach, in Arnhem, Bastogne, the Bulge; they spearheaded the Rhine offensive and took possession of Hitler's Eagle's Nest in Berchtesgaden. Easy Company, 506th Airborne Division, U.S. Army, was as good a rifle company as any in the world. From their rigorous training in Georgia in 1942 to D-Day and victory, Ambrose tells the story of this remarkable company, which kept getting the tough assignments. Easy Company was responsible for everything from parachuting into France early D-Day morning to the capture of Hitler's Eagle's Nest at Berchtesgaden. BAND OF BROTHERS is the account of the men of this remarkable unit who fought, went hungry, froze, and died, a company that took 150 percent casualties and considered the Purple Heart a badge of office. Drawing on hours of interviews with survivors as well as the soldiers' journals and letters, Stephen Ambrose tells the stories, often in the men's own words, of these American heroes.

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Found this book in millbrook charity shop I have however already read this book so I will be taking it on my travels and most likely leave it either in a book exchange or a LFL