The Invisible Library

by Genevieve Cogman | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by sumako of Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on 4/16/2015
Journal Entry 1 by sumako from Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Thursday, April 16, 2015
Paperback. - London: Tor, 2015. - 328 pages

http://www.amazon.co.uk (16.4.2015):

Irene must be at the top of her game or she'll be off the case - permanently...

Irene is a professional spy for the mysterious Library, which harvests fiction from different realities. And along with her enigmatic assistant Kai, she's posted to an alternative London. Their mission - to retrieve a dangerous book. But when they arrive, it's already been stolen. London's underground factions seem prepared to fight to the very death to find her book.

Adding to the jeopardy, this world is chaos-infested - the laws of nature bent to allow supernatural creatures and unpredictable magic. Irene's new assistant is also hiding secrets of his own.

Soon, she's up to her eyebrows in a heady mix of danger, clues and secret societies. Yet failure is not an option - the nature of reality itself is at stake.

Journal Entry 2 by sumako at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Released 1 yr ago (7/22/2021 UTC) at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland

Ketä-vaan-toivelistahippa

Journal Entry 3 by Mecu at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Thanks a lot for the wishlist book, sumako!

Journal Entry 4 by Mecu at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Friday, December 31, 2021
"That was the whole point of the Library: as far as she'd been taught, anyway. It wasn't about a higher mission to save worlds. It was about finding unique works of fiction, and saving them in a place out of time and space. Perhaps some people might think that was a petty way to spend eternity, but Irene was happy with her choice. Anyone who really loved a good story would understand."

I found myself a new fantasy bookseries to love, I'm so happy! Loved the world and the characters - especially the different take on dragons. Can't wait to read more!

Lichtenstein is a major country in this book, and I'd love to travel there one day. Perhaps not the book version, but our world version of it ;)

Journal Entry 5 by Mecu at Tampere, Finland -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Released 1 yr ago (1/12/2022 UTC) at Tampere, Finland -- Controlled Releases

Kemppu wanted to read this next, so it travels to Tampere via our Private Courier Service :D

Congrats! You've found a free book which was looking for new readers. Nice that you found your way to Bookcrossing website, too. You can join this free network of books and book friends, or stay anonymous. Please tell where you found the book and what did you think of it. When you've read it, you can release it for others to find. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Here it is! Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 16, 2022
A good book, although not an absolute favourite. I particularly liked the alligators as well as "the final fight".
Thank you for lending the book, Mecu, it'll return to you in near future.

Journal Entry 8 by Mecu at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Wednesday, June 1, 2022
And the book is back with me.