The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

by holly black | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingteachiewing of High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on 4/8/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingteachiewing from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 08, 2015
Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. It's an eternal party, shown on TV 24 hours a day - gorgeous, glamorous, deadly! Because, once you pass through Coldtown's gates, you can never leave...
There is a love story in this but it is not the main focus of the book - a good read.

Journal Entry 2 by wingteachiewing at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (7/7/2015 UTC) at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

This going to Loriped who chose it from the Paranormal VBB on Bookobsessed.

Journal Entry 3 by loriped at Keizer, Oregon USA on Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Received in the mail today and I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by loriped at Keizer, Oregon USA on Thursday, March 29, 2018
I've read other books by Holly Black, but they were mainly geared to a younger audience. This was good, but not what I expected.

Adding to emmejo's otherworldly bookbox .

Journal Entry 5 by wingSpatialwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Selected from the Round IV Otherworldly Bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by wingSpatialwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Tuesday, May 08, 2018
Good story. I wasn’t a fan of every other chapter being a flashback, even though I did like seeing Tana from Pearl’s POV. It does transition later in the book from the alternating chapters being flashback to being more a mix of other things. An interesting take with the Coldtowns (which remind me of the prison in Escape from New York) and I rather enjoyed the character Gavriel.

Journal Entry 7 by wingSpatialwing at Vampire Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 04, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (4/4/2019 UTC) at Vampire Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

🦇 🦇 🦇 🦇 🦇 🦇 🦇

Added to the Round V Vampire Bookbox.

🦇 🦇 🦇 🦇 🦇 🦇 🦇

Journal Entry 8 by BooksnBeer at Annandale, Virginia USA on Monday, April 15, 2019
Selected this from the Vampire Bookbox. It sounds like it will be an interesting read.