corner corner The Last Anniversary

The Last Anniversary
by Liane Moriarty | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ukcanaus of Melbourne, Victoria Australia on 3/28/2015

status (set by Bjorg): available

Journal Entry 1 by ukcanaus from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Saturday, March 28, 2015

One abandoned baby. Two sisters with a secret. One chance to rewrite the past.

Over seventy years have passed since sisters Rose and Connie Doughty found an abandoned baby near their home on the island Scribbly Gum. With no one to take care of it, Rose and Connie took the baby in as their own.

Since then the 'Munro Baby Mystery' has brought fame and fortune, putting Scribbly Gum on the tourist map, especially for the island's annual celebration.

But now, with Connie dead and outsider Sophie Honeywell about to move into her home, Rose begins to wonder if they made the right decision all those years ago. How much longer can they cover up the lie that has sustained their community for generations? And what other secrets are about to be revealed?

Another intriguing book that I will have to add to my reading list! This copy has been sourced from Amazon UK as an Easter RABCK - hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 2 by Anne-Elliott at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 03, 2015

Thank you so much for the glorious bumper bundle of wishlist books you sent me ukcanaus! Look forward to getting stuck in!!

Journal Entry 3 by Anne-Elliott at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 15, 2015

Stuck in bed with flu, so finally have time to tackle Mount TBR!

Really enjoyed this lovely, funny, suspenseful, poignant story. The characters were so well written that I felt I lived on Scribbly Gum Island with them (I wish!). I hope the author writes a sequel, as I'd love to find out what happens next to the characters!

Thanks again ukcanaus!

Journal Entry 4 by Anne-Elliott at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 10, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (12/11/2015 UTC) at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom

Controlled release to kingfan30, for her elderly aunt to enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by kingfan30 at -- Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 12, 2015

Thank you so much for sending this, I will take it in to her when I visit next week.

Journal Entry 6 by kingfan30 at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (12/16/2015 UTC) at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

I dropped this off with my Aunt today, along with four other books and next years diary to fill out. Thanks once again :-)

Journal Entry 7 by kingfan30 at -- Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 21, 2015

This one has already made it back to me after a trip to the care home to my aunt. I will find it another home. :-)

Update - This book was sent to me to give to an elderly relative in a care home who is currently reading a great deal. When it made its way back I took a closer look as it's an author I've not come across before and there was something about the wording on the cover that made me think I should give it a go.

I didn't really take to the main character, it was the mystery that kept me reading, I felt I needed to know what had happened. It was a light entertaing read that touched on a few serious issues, looking at the reviews it seems that this is not her best book, so maybe a look at one of her others in the future might be in order.

Journal Entry 8 by kingfan30 at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (1/12/2016 UTC) at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Winging its way to France as a RABCK

Journal Entry 9 by wingFlorence71wing at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Saturday, January 16, 2016

Well received today thanks kingfan30 for this RABCK.

Journal Entry 10 by wingFlorence71wing at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Friday, January 29, 2016

A secret on an island : two girls found a abandoned baby in their neighbours house and raise it as their own. Why the parent's baby disapear ?

Reserved for VBB (Ythan)

Journal Entry 11 by wingFlorence71wing at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (3/10/2016 UTC) at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France

On his way to Ythan ! Happy reading !

Journal Entry 12 by Ythan at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Arrived safe and sound.

Thanks very much.

Journal Entry 13 by Ythan at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, September 30, 2017

I found this book slow at first, the characters seemed to be too much in their own thoughts and too little action so the story took longer to reach its conclusion than I felt it should have.

I did figure out who Enigma's Mother was before it was revealed but would never have guessed all the circumstances that lead up to it.

-----------------------------------------

This book will be travelling soon.

Journal Entry 14 by Ythan at Wishlist Tag, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Released 9 mos ago (10/3/2017 UTC) at Wishlist Tag, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Off to keeta1 in New Zealand.

Journal Entry 15 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Thanks Ythan - I really like Liane Moriarty books, so I'm sure to enjoy this one :)

Journal Entry 16 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Monday, November 06, 2017

I enjoyed this novel, although maybe not as much as a couple of her later ones.
A little slow to start and I found it quite difficult to keep all the characters straight at first, but it definitely improved as it went along.

Journal Entry 17 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Friday, December 08, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (12/8/2017 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Travelling to Bjorg as a surprise Rabck :)
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 18 by wingBjorgwing at Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Friday, January 19, 2018

Wow, what a lovely surprise keeta1, thanks so much for sending me this book :) I actually got this book sent from another bookcrosser a few weeks ago, so I will move it to my avl pile.