Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness

by Susannah Cahalan | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by BlueBox-LFL21797 of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 3/28/2015
Journal Entry 1 by BlueBox-LFL21797 from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, March 28, 2015
A young journalist investigates what happened to her following a strange and debilitating diseases which robs her of her mind, body, self, and memory. Her experience illustrates the inter-relationship between physical and medical illness.
Non-fiction.
The mix of traditional memoir and investigative journalism works well. Both personal and interesting from a medical/neuroscience perspective.

My mom passed this book on to me when she finished it as recommended reading. So it has already traveled a little :)

Released 6 yrs ago (4/19/2015 UTC) at Little Free Library #21797 - Wendell St in Silver Spring, Maryland USA

My partner made me a Little Free Library for my birthday, and invited our friends to bring used books to start it going. This book was a gift from a friend in support of the project.

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, August 29, 2015
My mom was fascinated by this book at meet-up and wants to read it.

Released 6 yrs ago (8/29/2015 UTC) at Panera - Colesville And Georgia Ave in Silver Spring, Maryland USA

Took to a bookcrossing meet-up.

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at Syracuse, Utah USA on Monday, November 13, 2017
I found this book at my mother's house when we were cleaning it out to move her to assisted living. I brought home a couple hundred books and I have been registering them over time. I didn't realize that this was already registered.