A Tale Etched in Blood and Hard Black Pencil

Registered by d-vineland of Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on 3/22/2015
Journal Entry 1 by d-vineland from Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, March 22, 2015
This came in a christmas parcel from an old friend. The time was well chosen, when I was about to read it, I got an invitation to a class reunion from 9th form.

So, this book is about a murder suspect who calls an old classmate for help. There a two narratives in the book: One about the development of the kids in school, the other about their live now - and the murder.
Brookmyre can be quite violent sometimes, but this one is o.k. (The most horrible persons are the teachers ...). And sometimes quite funny. You may have some problems with dialect expressions, if your are not used to them. But there's a glossary at the end.
He seems to have something with class reunions: There is another one from him, with a class reunion on a disused oil rig.
Oh, and for my own class reunion: I didn't go ...

Released 4 yrs ago (4/9/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

For the Bookswap Game.

Journal Entry 3 by Xarodoc at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 14, 2015
This is the book I got during the book swap game at the Bookcrossing Convention in Oxford. Will read an release it.

Journal Entry 4 by Xarodoc at Nauheim, Hessen Germany on Thursday, May 14, 2015
Looks like it's not my kind of book. I noticed that I hardly made any progress reading.
It seems to be more of a childhood reflection than anything else. Sorry, schoolyard tales are not my thing. Gave up on page 78.
So, the book is free for another reader!

Journal Entry 5 by Xarodoc at Jugendgästehaus in Bingen am Rhein, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (6/3/2015 UTC) at Jugendgästehaus in Bingen am Rhein, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Will be released at the "Frühlingsspielerei" in Bingen.

Journal Entry 6 by wingthbookswing at Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, July 30, 2019
The stuff you find on your shelves when you start looking for books to give away ;-)

Released 1 mo ago (8/8/2019 UTC) at Bücherschrank Hohenwettersbach in Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany

I try to but in the end it was too painful to read - lots of transcribed dialect, which I had to voice in order to understand - so I dropped it off at the public bookcase in Karlsruhe Hohenwettersbach. Better luck to the next reader!