Hallucinating Foucault

across the weight
of the living.

Journal Entry 2 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, March 20, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (3/20/2015 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This book has wrapped up its secrets before sneaking off into the Tag Game! :)

Looks like this one should take you down all kinds of passages! I hope you'll have a good time with it! ;)

Journal Entry 3 by MMMaartje at Brønshøj, København Amt Denmark on Wednesday, May 20, 2015
It took me a little while to journal this one, because I somehow didn't realise it was registered! But here I am! Thank you for this book, HI77! I am looking forward to reading it :)

Journal Entry 4 by MMMaartje at IJsselstein, Utrecht Netherlands on Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (1/30/2018 UTC) at IJsselstein, Utrecht Netherlands

Sending this to FinalsEnd. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by BookishPanda at Apeldoorn, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, April 03, 2018
I received this book from MMMaartje, because it is on the 1001 books list. Thank you!

Journal Entry 6 by BookishPanda at Apeldoorn, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, May 08, 2018
This surely was a strange story. But it was interesting. From what I had read online, I thought it would be boring. But it wasn't. I didn't know about the writers mentioned in this book and have never read anything from them. The good writing made it somehow very readable. However, it is still a strange story. A reader who becomes hopelessly dependent on the writer... I hope it doesn't happen like this in real life, but for the rest I'm not really sure what to think about this book.

"In this ravishing tale of sexual and textual obsession, the young unnamed narrator sets forth from Cambridge on a quest. He is to rescue the subject of his doctoral research, Paul Michel, the brilliant but mad writer, from incarceration in a mental institution in France. What ensues is a drama of terrible intimacy and tenderness played out one hot and humid summer in Paris and in the south of France. Hallucinating Foucault is a literary thriller that explores with consummate mastery the passionate relationship between reader and writer, between the factual and the fictional, between sanity and madness. In blurring these boundaries, Patricia Duncker has written a novel of astonishing power and beauty."

Journal Entry 7 by BookishPanda at - Ergens in de provincie, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, May 19, 2018
Reserved for Bloedengel (wishlist book).

Journal Entry 8 by BookishPanda at Apeldoorn, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, October 11, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (10/11/2018 UTC) at Apeldoorn, Gelderland Netherlands

On its way to Bloedengel, enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingbloedengelwing at Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, October 22, 2018
Yup, arrived !

Thanks for sending this my way, and to the previous readers for making it available :)

Journal Entry 10 by wingbloedengelwing at Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, September 13, 2020
Free to roam !

Journal Entry 11 by Anneke15 at Zwerfboekenrek station Mol in Mol, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Saturday, January 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/23/2021 UTC) at Zwerfboekenrek station Mol in Mol, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Het is tijd om verder te reizen. Laat je nog iets van je horen?