The Owl Service

by Alan Garner | Children's Books |
Registered by DEESSE of Erstein, Alsace France on 3/17/2015
Journal Entry 1 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Another copy of this book that I bought especially for the BookCrossing Memorial Flashmob in BookCrossing Memory of MikeTroll.

From the back cover:
"Something was stirring in the valley, something powerful and old. Something which had no place in the rational modern world..."

Gwyn heard noise behind him, and he turned. A lump of pebble-dash had come off the wall, and another fell, and in their place on the wall two eyes were watching him.

The hot summer days were filled with an oppressiveness that the heat alone could not explain. Alison, Gwyn and Roger could feel it, but only Huw really understood it. And as the inevitable confrontation between present and past drew nearer, Gwyn alone seemed strong enough to stall the disaster that hung over them all.

Here's a link to the copy that I read back in 2006:

Journal Entry 2 by DEESSE at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (4/10/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Great book, released in memory of MikeTroll

Journal Entry 3 by wingshnedwardswing at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, April 17, 2015
Picked up from the book buffet for my daughter. It's a fantastic book that I think she will enjoy. She is perhaps a little too young for it at the moment but will get round to it before too long. Thanks for bringing it to the Convention!

Journal Entry 4 by wingshnedwardswing at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, March 29, 2020
Daughter has finished with this book now. It will travel onwards as soon as we're allowed out!

Released 6 days ago (5/19/2020 UTC) at RABCK, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

On its way to another bookcrosser by second-class post.
Hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 23, 2020
Wow, two books, thank you so much . I love Alan Garner books,