Amity & Sorrow

by Peggy Riley | Teens |
Registered by elhamisabel of Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on 3/10/2015
Journal Entry 1 by elhamisabel from Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Haven't read, it's a surprise for someone.

Journal Entry 2 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 06, 2015
I saw a review of this book a while ago and decided to add it to my wish list so thank you for sending it to me.

Journal Entry 3 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 02, 2015
In the wake of a suspicious fire, Amaranth gathers her barely-teenage daughters, Amity and Sorrow, and flees from the cult her husband ran. After four days of driving, Amaranth crashes the car, leaving the family stranded at a gas station. Rescue comes in the unlikely form of a downtrodden farmer, a man who offers sanctuary when the women need it most.
AMITY & SORROW is the story of these remarkable women, their lives before the night they fled, and their heartbreaking, hopeful future. For, while Amity blossoms in this new world, Sorrow will move heaven and earth trying to get back home.
And, meanwhile, the outside world hasn't forgotten about the fire on the compound.

An interesting story and an insight into religious cults. I like the way the flashbacks were interspersed throughout the main story.

Journal Entry 4 by horseryder at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (12/9/2015 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

I saw this on my nana's available shelf and thought my NSSFC partner would like it.

Journal Entry 5 by Pookledo at Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, December 25, 2015
This book sounds amazing and just my sort of thing. Thankyou so much :)

Journal Entry 6 by Pookledo at Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 23, 2016
Didn't think it would end like it did but enjoyed it all the same :)

Journal Entry 7 by Pookledo at Purple Pumpkin Patch OBCZ in Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 23, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (1/23/2016 UTC) at Purple Pumpkin Patch OBCZ in Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Leaving on the OBCZ shelf in the shop at 102 Ashby Road. open 10-6 Monday to Saturday.

Journal Entry 8 by appletreen at Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 01, 2016
It's always dangerous when I go and visit Sarah at Purple Pumpkin Patch. Today it was to collect my custom made felted slippers.

And, two books that I wasn't planning on picking up and this is one of them. Registered by elhamisabel so I guessed it was going to be my kind of thing which was my deciding factor in picking the book up. Now I'm registering it I can see that elhamisabel hasn't read it! Still, it's a tenuous connection and Pookledo says it's good too.

Journal Entry 9 by appletreen at Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 08, 2016
I've really enjoyed this book. The story was quite dark in places, and certainly more heavy going at times than all the Charlaine Harris books I'm currently reading. I really felt for Amy, and how she was just swept along with things, and her determination to make it right. I'd also like to know what the future holds for Amy and Amity, somehow I'm not so sure its as straightforward as "and they all loved happily ever after".

If I get organised and go to the March Bookcrossing meet at the Purple Pumpkin Patch then I shall take this book with me.

Released 5 yrs ago (3/9/2016 UTC) at Purple Pumpkin Patch OBCZ in Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom

As I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to Saturday's BC meetup I'm taking my books along to the daytime Knit and Natter session https://www.facebook.com/events/1511958035776885/

I'm taking along my tapestry as a yarn related project as I'm off work tomorrow. If you ever fancy going it is on 2nd Wednesday of every month

Tea and coffee provided. Bring along nibbles to share if you fancy but Sarah'll get some biscuits in

£1 in the pot to cover refreshments.

Journal Entry 11 by raeliz64 at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 12, 2016
Picked up at the Loughborough meet.

Released 1 yr ago (2/4/2020 UTC) at Leicester General Hospital in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Left on the charity book table in Outpatients 2.