A Child's Christmas in Wales

by DYlan Thomas | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0811202038 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 3/5/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, March 05, 2015
She said the right thing, always. She looked at the three tall firemen in their shining helmets, standing among the smoke and cinders and dissolving snowballs, and she said: "Would you like anything to read?"
------------------------------------------------------------
This book is registered in memory of Dick and Peggy Thomas of Massachusetts. They liked to read Dylan Thomas and even named their dog Dylan, so that he could have this famous name :-) and visiting England (especially Burford, where their son lived for a time).

I got to know them through attending Harvard football games. We had quite the little group of fans which would expand when we chartered buses to attend some of the "away" games. Peggy would sing all the way home, to the delight of many and the dismay of some. Dick loved literature and having a few beers, and was known to spontaneously recite poetry. I loved his dry sense of humor.

They are missed by many.
--------------------------------

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (3/5/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Included in a box sent to the Oxford Convention, in hopes that it can be released in Burford.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by winghingraldwing at Motala, Östergötland Sweden on Friday, April 10, 2015
I found it in Burford on a bench. Thank you.
edit 10 april and I read it at once.

Journal Entry 4 by winghingraldwing at Christchurch College in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (4/12/2015 UTC) at Christchurch College in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

I left the book during Historical Oxford Release Walk

I hope you enjoy the book