A Winter Book: Selected Stories by Tove Jansson

by Tove Jansson | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbookfrogsterwing of on 3/1/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookfrogsterwing from not specified, not specified not specified on Sunday, March 01, 2015
I picked this up for the winner of the authors from unusual countries sweepstake. There aren't that many Finnish writers whose work is translated into English so hope the winner enjoys this one.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookfrogsterwing at on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (3/3/2015 UTC) at

And off it goes to the winner of the authors from unusual countries sweepstake. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at on Monday, March 23, 2015
Brilliant, thanks so much for this surprise. I have read the Moomin troll books written by this author but nothing else. I am looking forward to reading this.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at on Sunday, March 13, 2016
Th author creates clean, succinct stories that evoked in me a clear picture or surroundings. I especially enjoyed the first half of the story when she was a young child growing up in the 30's in Finland and the social norms I was not used to.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at on Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (4/22/2018 UTC) at

Journal Entry 6 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at on Monday, August 20, 2018
Time to put this book back into the big wide world.

Journal Entry 7 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at on Saturday, March 02, 2019

Released 9 mos ago (3/8/2019 UTC) at

A very bleated birthday and unusual author sweepstake winner surprise box of books.

Journal Entry 8 by wingkeeta1wing at on Thursday, March 14, 2019
Wow, what a great surprise the courier dropped off today - this book, along with 5 others and a lovely selection of chocolates as well. Way to make my day!
Many thanks kiwiinengland for all of these gifts :)
I did enjoy The Summer Book by this author, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one as well

Journal Entry 9 by wingkeeta1wing at on Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Finished this just in time to send to the next winner of the authors from unusual countries sweep.
Short stories in this one, as opposed to The Summer Book, but still an enjoyable look at another culture.

Journal Entry 10 by wingkeeta1wing at on Friday, July 19, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (7/18/2019 UTC) at

Travelling to the winner of a sweep - Congratulations :)

Journal Entry 11 by Wilena at on Monday, August 05, 2019
Thanks a lot for this choice, I haven't read anything from this author yet !