Gringo Soup

by John Aspinall | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winglytteltonwitchwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 2/28/2015
Journal Entry 1 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, February 28, 2015
The Salvation Army shop had a 3 for $1 table and I just couldn't resist.

Journal Entry 2 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Addington Coffee Co-Op in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (3/21/2015 UTC) at Addington Coffee Co-Op in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

To be taken to the bookcrossing meet up and if no one takes the book it will be left on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, March 21, 2015
Picked up at today's meetup.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, June 03, 2015
John Aspinall has obviously had some really bad experiences on package tours! Each chapter is told through the eyes of one of the characters, slowly revealing them each to be as horrible as the others.

Cleverly done, but I thought the final chapter let it down - I got the feeling Aspinall ran out of plot (or maybe just space) before he ran out of characters, so had to resort to a rather weak contrivance to quickly wrap everything together. I'd have rather seen a longer book that had time to give every character a voice.

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, June 21, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (6/21/2015 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Picked up by another bookcrosser at this afternoon's meetup.

Happy bookcrossing!

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 6 by LanaAroha at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, July 07, 2015
Picked up at a book crossing meet
Now in my pile to read. Thanks lytteltonwitch