Very Valentine

by Adriana Trigiani | Women's Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Flutterbies9 of Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on 2/24/2015
Journal Entry 1 by Flutterbies9 from Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Yeah, there had to be at least one Valentine related one and this is it. Strangely, it is one of the very few from Adriana Trigiani that I have not read so I'll look forward to this. I don't think it will be long on tbr!

Cover.
"Meet Valentine, an unforgettable and passionate woman with a heart and a dream as big as New York City. Her dream? To design the perfect pair of shoes ......

The Angelini Shoe Company, makers of exquisite wedding shoes since 1903, is one of the last family owned businesses in Greenwich Village. Now, in the twenty first century, the company run so devotedly by Valentine and her grandmother Teodora faces financial ruin. Juggling a romantic relationship with dashing chef Roman Falconi, her duty to her family, and a design competition for a prestigious department store, Valentine accompanies her grandmother to Italy in the hope of finding inspiration. There, in Tuscany and on the Isle of Capri, she discovers her artistic voice and much more, turning her life around in ways she never expected."

Journal Entry 2 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 05, 2015
Woops, somehow this managed to get itself read from tbr! It was just sitting there so innocently and I needed something light to read and so - hmm - it was opened and that was it. I've read much of Adriana Trigiana's output so far and all her novels are deftly painted no matter how heavy the family relationships seem to be. A "feel good" author without the overdose of saccharine!

Adriana Trigiani also has a very light touch on some quite weighty subject matter, and this book is no exception. However, unlike some, it is not the "all hail, hearts and roses - all will be together in the end" novel (not that there is not some of that too) I had half been expecting though it does not disappoint on the family relationships you do expect of her writing. This is book 1 of a trio (how lovely to start at book 1 of 3) and I would be very happy to read the others as well as the characters were interesting enough that I would like to find out how they are progressed through the stories. I'm not going to fill this with spoilers - so one day when you are in need of a light, and interesting American Italian family saga, I can highly recommend this. I’ve yet to try any of the recipes but I’ve taken copies of a few from here so I may get around to one of them yet.

As yet, I’ve no firm plans for this book but I will make it available for now.

Journal Entry 3 by Flutterbies9 at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, April 12, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (4/13/2021 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

About time this was released to travel further. Happy travels little book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingteachiewing at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 15, 2021
I have read several of Adriana Trigianni's books and enjoyed them all but not read this one. So thanks to my NSS partner for sending this , I look forward to reading it.