The Meryl Streep Movie Club

by Mia March | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing of Bellingham, Washington USA on 2/15/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing from Bellingham, Washington USA on Sunday, February 15, 2015
Two sisters and the cousin they grew up with after a tragedy are summoned home to their family matriarch's inn on the coast of Maine for a shocking announcement. Suddenly, Isabel, June, and Kat are sharing the attic bedroom--and barely speaking. But when innkeeper Lolly asks them to join her and the guests in the parlor for weekly Movie Night--it's Meryl Streep month--they find themselves sharing secrets, talking long into the night--and questioning everything they thought they knew about life, love, and one another.

Each woman sees her complicated life reflected through the magic of cinema: Isabel's husband is having an affair, and an old pact may keep her from what she wants most . . . June has promised her seven-year-old son that she'll somehow find his father, who he's never known . . . and Kat is ambivalent about accepting her lifelong best friend's marriage proposal. Through everything, Lolly has always been there for them, and now Isabel, June, Kat--and Meryl--must be there for her. Finding themselves. Finding each other. Finding a happy ending.

Journal Entry 2 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Not bad for a first novel. I did get a little impatient with the main characters who did seem to take a long time to resolve their issues.

Released 4 yrs ago (7/3/2015 UTC) at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

This book has been mailed to bookfrogster of Edinburgh, Scotland who requested it from the Debut Novels VBB organized by J4Shaw.

I hope that you enjoy this book, bookfrogster.

Journal Entry 4 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, July 12, 2015
This was waiting for me when I got home from the internet cafe yesterday. I was just in the right mood for this kind of book, so read it in one sitting yesterday evening and night. I liked the way that the characters discussed the films they'd seen and sometimes had very different views. Like Tabby-cat-owner I did think that some of them might have sorted themselves out a bit quicker, LOL. Reading about Kat's baking means I'm making muffins today. ;-)

Journal Entry 5 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, July 20, 2015
Already started reading this on the train home last night from my day trip to Edinburgh and think I am going to like this one too.

Journal Entry 6 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Friday, August 07, 2015
A quick and easy read - I loved the setting in Maine a I love the New England States. The characters were perhaps a bit two dimensional for me but I like them all in their own way. I certainly like the movie part of it (except if I ate the amount of muffins and popcorn with each film I'd be a balloon) and thinking of my favourite Meryl Streep film I think it's time to dig out ''Out of Africa'' again - not seen in for ages !

Journal Entry 7 by kinedi at Shrewsbury Folk Festival in Shrewsbury, Shropshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 13, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (8/29/2015 UTC) at Shrewsbury Folk Festival in Shrewsbury, Shropshire United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing.

Thank you for catching this book! I hope that you enjoy it and will consider exploring this site and possibly joining. It is free and loads of fun, as you can track your released books in their travels, possibly all over the world!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready, pass it on. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

You may remain anonymous, but if you choose to join the site, I hope that you will consider using me, kinedi, as the one who referred you.

Congratulations on finding a Bookcrossing book and Happy Reading!!!

Journal Entry 8 by platypussj at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, September 07, 2015
Found at Shrewsbury Folk Festival. I considered leaving it for someone else to find but just couldn't resist temptation in the end. I wondered who had left it and if they were watching to see if anyone picked it up!
Life has rather caught up with me of late and I'm not reading or bookcrossing in the way that I used to. This book has travelled quickly, so with that in mind, if I don't read soon I will take it to a nearby bookcrossing zone. Having said that, it looks like a good yarn and I don't like to miss out!