Longbourn

by Jo Baker | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingrureadingwing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 2/14/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingrureadingwing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 14, 2015
I enjoyed the author's imaginative version of Pride and Prejudice from the servant's point of view. It was interesting to see how the strictures of the class system influenced so much of a person's life, and the lower class a person was, the less likely the choices or opportunity to improve upon it.
...
This book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world. Read it, share it, and pass it on! Thanks!

Journal Entry 2 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (2/14/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the BC meetup today.

Journal Entry 3 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Picked up at the Feb meeting.

Journal Entry 4 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (3/14/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I really enjoyed this book - it fit so seamlessly into the original and really made you consider the characters anew. Taking to the March bookcrossing meeting.

To the finder:

Journal Entry 5 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 14, 2015
I have returned from the March meeting with WAY more books than I brought.

Journal Entry 6 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, July 29, 2015
My husband got annoyed with me when I had to stay up late to finish the book - harder when in a trailer. I really enjoyed this perspective and all the connections to P & P. Thanks for the great holiday read!

Journal Entry 7 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 08, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (8/8/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Time to pass this on to the next reader at the August meeting at Cravings!

Journal Entry 8 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 09, 2015
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing August meet-up. I'm one of the rare people who haven't read Pride and Prejudice, but this sounded like a neat premise so hopefully it all makes sense to me.

Journal Entry 9 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Having only seen the infamous BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, that was my only reference going in, but it was good enough for me to enjoy this book. Because the book isn't about the Bennets; it's about the people who serve them and who are hardly mentioned in the original book. They have their own issues and troubles to deal with while Elizabeth and Darcy are exchanging their verbal spars. So it was a fun glimpse into life as a servent in Regency England.

Though, James is the bastard son of Mr. Bennet and Mrs. Hill? Um, sure, why not.

Journal Entry 10 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 12, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (9/12/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing this book on to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing September meet-up.

Journal Entry 11 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Sunday, September 13, 2015
Picked up at the September meet up, we had 12 people attend and exchanged a lot of books! This one is with me and will be added to my very large to be read pile.

Journal Entry 12 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 14, 2019
Fun look at a different side of Pride and Prejudice. Loved the story within a story angle.

Journal Entry 13 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 14, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (9/14/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the Calgary meet up group.

Journal Entry 14 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, September 15, 2019
Caught at local meetup Sept 2019 - really looking forward to this one.