Ship Fever: Stories

by Andrea Barrett | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingCordelia-annewing of Someplace, Georgia USA on 2/11/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingCordelia-annewing from Someplace, Georgia USA on Wednesday, February 11, 2015
It's always so compelling to read of other readers and their interests. I never knew the bookcrosser miketroll or Mike Wiggett but I was touched by his passing from the community. Reviewing his bookshelf is rewarding. I recommend it. He had wonderful interests. I wanted to share an author I particularly admire, Andrea Barrett, in honor of him because Barrett offers much that interested miketroll. This book combines historical fiction about the Irish and modern science, two subjects that really come across from his bookshelf. As I am preparing a book box for one of his good bookcrossing friends, bookczuk, I thought I should include my current copy of this book. It's one of those I keep on the shelf to give away. My recently deceased mother, an enthusiastic science nerd for all of her life, liked these stories too. I've given this collection once before in bookcrossing:

I also recommend Barrett's book Servants of the Map. It's the first book of hers I read. I loved it and became a fan. It also was enthusiastically received in bookcrossing:

Journal Entry 2 by wingCordelia-annewing at Charleston, South Carolina USA on Friday, February 13, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (2/13/2015 UTC) at Charleston, South Carolina USA

I'm sending this along to miketroll's good friend bookczuk. I hope that it will have a good journey.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbookczukwing at Charleston, South Carolina USA on Tuesday, February 17, 2015
How wonderful to receive this book in a parcel from cordelia-ann! Your journal entry is so thoughtful. I am going to share the link with miketroll's family and friends, so they can see how his legacy continues. And the bookplate is lovely (she said with a grin, as it's one my good friend spedbug and I designed to remember our dear friend Mike.)

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookczukwing at The Bristol (book exchange shelves) in Charleston, South Carolina USA on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (2/19/2015 UTC) at The Bristol (book exchange shelves) in Charleston, South Carolina USA

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

If you find yourself liking BookCrossing, there may be local BookCrossers who meet regularly in your area. Come join us! I've been a BookCrosser since 2003 and have found books left by others, discovered new authors to read, watched my books travel all over the world, and discovered a delightful group of readers online through BookCrossing.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Mount Pleasant, South Carolina USA on Sunday, May 13, 2018
Im not a big short story fan, but I kind of liked this because the writing was interesting-- always a good thing in a book.