The Tale Teller

Sunrise in New Mexico
by Anne Hillerman | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 006239195X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Libre-Muncher of Las Cruces, New Mexico USA on 6/15/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Libre-Muncher from Las Cruces, New Mexico USA on Saturday, June 15, 2019

As always, I enjoy all of the books from the Hillerman family. If you have ever read any of the earlier books by Anne and by her father, then you already have an idea of what to expect. That is not to say that I am calling this book a "formula" book, but the cast of characters (the primary ones at least) are the same. The bad guys have changed and the nature of the crimes has changed, though the setting is still in the beautiful land of the Dine people and the surrounding New Mexico, Arizona and Utah lands.

I think that what I like about these books is that the author has put a lot of time in researching the customs, traditions and the personalities of the indigenous people of the area. This book delves into the reminders of the terrible period of The Long March imposed upon the Navajo nation (most Americans have heard of the Trail of Tears of the eastern tribes, but few are aware of the same story with different people in the west).

Released 1 mo ago (7/17/2019 UTC) at High Desert Brewing Company, 1201 W. Hadley Ave in Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

This book was left in the shelf near the entry of the High Desert Brewing company