Seasons in Sun

by Rod McKuen | Poetry |
Registered by Bookgirrl of Acton, Ontario Canada on 2/2/2015
Journal Entry 1 by Bookgirrl from Acton, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 2, 2015
'Found at the LFL on Duplex Avenue in Toronto yesterday. Not a lot of poetry books on my real or virtual bookshelves, but "Jean" is one of the prettiest songs ever (from "The Prime of MIss Jean Brodie" movie) and McKuen died just a few days ago. 'Seemed apropos to take a look at his poetry again. RIP, Rod McKuen: Apr. 29, 1933 – Jan. 29, 2015. I will pass this on to CanadaTeaGirl at our meetup on Feb. 8th.

Journal Entry 2 by Bookgirrl at Acton, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 2, 2015
PS: Oddly, there's a big Maple Leaf on the cover shot! (But not on actual copy from the LFL) And, I just found out the words of the song "Seasons in the Sun" are based on McKuen's lyrics from his poem "Seasons in the Sun", which in turn, was based on a Jacques Brel song (phew - too much info). But wait! That's not all….there's a 2nd bit of CanCon for you! (Canadian Content) The song was a smash hit for Winnipeg born crooner Terry Jacks in the 1970's. It sold over 10 million copies and was #1 in Canada, the UK and USA. http://youtu.be/cd_Fdly3rX8

Journal Entry 3 by Canadateagirl at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, March 30, 2020
Started reading this book in time to release it somewhere sunny in April. I might have to wait a while for the release, however I thoroughly enjoyed the book. :)

Journal Entry 4 by Canadateagirl at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Finished reading this several months ago, right now it is waiting patiently in my to be released pile!

Journal Entry 5 by Canadateagirl at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, September 10, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (9/10/2020 UTC) at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto, Ontario Canada

On the bookshelf by Harlequins cafeteria. Enjoy!