Lucia, Lucia: A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle)

by Adriana Trigiani | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingReallyBookishwing of Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on 2/1/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingReallyBookishwing from Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, February 01, 2015
I absolutely devoured this book, which was my introduction to Adriana Trigiani. I was completely transported to New York City in the early 1950s and I loved every minute of it! Her writing is cinematic. The book is written in the present tense, which generally annoys me to no end. However, in "Lucia, Lucia," it simply lent an immediacy to the action that put me right there with the characters -- up close and personal and completely in the midst of the narrative as it unfolded. This was such an immersive reading experience.

I thoroughly loved this read and will definitely seek out more of Trigiani's work!

Journal Entry 2 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, February 27, 2015
Reserving for the General Literature VBB.

Description from Amazon: "It is 1950 in glittering, vibrant New York City. Lucia Sartori is the beautiful twenty-five-year-old daughter of a prosperous Italian grocer in Greenwich Village. The postwar boom is ripe with opportunities for talented girls with ambition, and Lucia becomes an apprentice to an up-and-coming designer at chic B. Altman’s department store on Fifth Avenue. Engaged to her childhood sweetheart, the steadfast Dante DeMartino, Lucia is torn when she meets a handsome stranger who promises a life of uptown luxury that career girls like her only read about in the society pages. Forced to choose between duty to her family and her own dreams, Lucia finds herself in the midst of a sizzling scandal in which secrets are revealed, her beloved career is jeopardized, and the Sartoris’ honor is tested."

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at By Mail, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (4/16/2015 UTC) at By Mail, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

This book was chosen from bookstogive's General Literature VBB and is headed off to dabercro. I hope she enjoys it!

Journal Entry 4 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Arrived in the mail today. Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Friday, July 31, 2015
I was sucked right into this book and found it hard to put down. In think this is the first book I have read by this author and I will look for other books she has written.

Journal Entry 6 by dabercro at another bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (9/17/2015 UTC) at another bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Passing on to Aberpeter in WA.

Journal Entry 7 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Journal Entry 8 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Monday, June 03, 2019
This book was returned to me from aberpeter. I am making this book available.