The Hangman's Knot: A Novel (Billy Tree Mysteries)

by David Wiltse | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingT02S03B11D20wing of Springport, Michigan USA on 2/1/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingT02S03B11D20wing from Springport, Michigan USA on Sunday, February 01, 2015
How Wonderful!!! You found my book and cared enough to make an entry telling me it is in your care. Thank you for that! Please feel free to read and enjoy it. After that, it is up to you whether you keep it, or set it free to seek another adventure. Please feel free to explore the site. And, if you decide to join, (which is of course, free) you may use T02S03B11D20 for your referring member. Thanks again and have a great day!

Journal Entry 2 by wingT02S03B11D20wing at Bellevue, Washington USA on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (2/3/2015 UTC) at Bellevue, Washington USA

Sent as a rabck for the state challenge. Hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Monday, February 09, 2015
Thank you! I will read this and pass it along asap.

Journal Entry 4 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Friday, March 20, 2015
Billy Tree, acting deputy of Falls City, Nebraska, finds a noose on his porch. A few days later a photograph of a lynching shows up. As Billy tries to piece together what these "gifts" mean, he unfolds long buried secrets and starts ruffling the feathers of those who do not want the truth to surface.

At times predictable, this novel moves at a fairly quick pace. Even though I enjoyed getting lost in its pages, I don't think the book was "Heart-Pounding" as Booklist has quoted (and is displayed on the cover of the novel)

Journal Entry 5 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Friday, March 20, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (3/20/2015 UTC) at Kirkland, Washington USA

sending to hypen8

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, April 02, 2015
This gift hitched a ride with a bookring and arrived today; the envelope had a gaping hole in it, but as far as I can tell, nothing was missing (there were two books inside).

Yay, now I have a book to read for Nebraska - thank you very much!

(Larger photo here.)

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, June 11, 2015
Well, that's Nebraska done for NancyNova's 2015 MultiYear States Challenge: if it weren't for that I might not have finished the book. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I found myself always picking up something else instead - I think I just didn't like any of the characters very much.

Since this book was generously shared with me by another BookCrosser, I'll try to find a good way to pass it on. After all, previous readers seem to have liked it more than I did, so hopefully the next person will too.

25/51 read so far for this challenge:
AK | CA | CO | GA | HI | ID | LA | MD | MA | MI | MN | NE | NH | NJ | NM | NY | NC | OH | OR | PA | SC | TN | UT | VT | WA | WV

Journal Entry 8 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, August 02, 2015
Arrived safe and sound. Adding to Mt Toobie, with a note that it's good for Nebraska. Thanks!