Meet Your Baker (A Bakeshop Mystery)

by Ellie Alexander | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by buffyfan of Rochester, New York USA on 1/25/2015
Journal Entry 1 by buffyfan from Rochester, New York USA on Sunday, January 25, 2015
TBR

Journal Entry 2 by buffyfan at Rochester, New York USA on Monday, January 26, 2015
This is the Shipping Order:

NMReader-USA
Aberpeter -USA
maggiesma-USA
JennyC1230-Open

Journal Entry 3 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Thursday, October 01, 2015
Interesting read. I enjoyed this on a business trip. Will put in the mail when I get home

Journal Entry 4 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, October 19, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (10/15/2015 UTC) at Herndon, Virginia USA

I contacted Aberpeter. She asked to be skipped. She is busy at this time.

I dropped in the mail while running errands.

Journal Entry 5 by maggiesma at Vancouver, Washington USA on Sunday, October 25, 2015
Meet Your Baker has arrived. It's going on the top of my tbr's.

Journal Entry 6 by maggiesma at Vancouver, Washington USA on Thursday, December 31, 2015
This is written by a local author and I hope to meet her next month at a bookseller event. This book kept me guessing until the end. Lots of suspects to sort through and food to prepare. Will mail after I contact the next person.

Journal Entry 7 by maggiesma at Vancouver, Washington USA on Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (1/4/2016 UTC) at Vancouver, Washington USA

Mailed to JennyC1230 as the next reader on the list. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Thanks for sending to me for the Bookring! This looks like a fun read.

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, April 11, 2016
My Review: I liked this cozy mystery. The main character is interesting and not too dumb. I'm going to look for more in this series.

Journal Entry 10 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 01, 2016
This book is reserved for: Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB.

Journal Entry 11 by JennyC1230 at Virtual Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, August 12, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (8/12/2016 UTC) at Virtual Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to eponine38 from the Mystery VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, August 22, 2016
Thank you, JennyC1230! Looks great.

Journal Entry 13 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, January 24, 2019
I really enjoyed this first-in-series, which I read a while ago but procrastinated on making notes. [So what else is new?] It's amazing how quickly one can forget details, especially when one reads lots of cozies. But I remember liking the protagonist/sleuth Juliet Capshaw and the fact that the story centers around a Shakespeare festival. I love cozies that include recipes (am not much of a cook but am always hopeful to change my ways...) :-) Will be on the lookout for the next installment (A Batter of Life and Death). Thanks, everyone, for sharing!
_____________________________
Amazon:
Welcome to Torte-a friendly, small-town family bake shop where the treats are so good that, sometimes, it's criminal...

After graduating from culinary school, Juliet Capshaw returns to her quaint hometown of Ashland, Oregon, to heal a broken heart and help her mom at the family bakery. The Oregon Shakespeare Festival is bringing in lots of tourists looking for some crumpets to go with their heroic couplets. But when one of Torte's customers turns up dead, there's much ado about murder...

The victim is Nancy Hudson, the festival's newest board member. A modern-day Lady Macbeth, Nancy has given more than a few actors and artists enough reasons to kill her...but still. The silver lining? Jules's high school sweetheart, Thomas, is the investigator on the case. His flirtations are as delicious as ever, and Jules can't help but want to have her cake and eat it too. But will she have her just desserts? Murder might be bad for business, but love is the sweetest treat of all...
---------------------
I'm putting this back into bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB (round 22).

Journal Entry 14 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, February 23, 2020
Removing from the VBB so that it can move along.

Released 1 yr ago (2/27/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library, Wave and Broadsound Aves. in Revere, Massachusetts USA

Hope it finds a new reader!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!