A Is for Alibi

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 033031582x Global Overview for this book
Registered by ChinaSourcer of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 5/3/2004
Journal Entry 1 by ChinaSourcer from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, May 03, 2004
Synopsis
'My name is Kinsey Millhone. I'm a private investigator, licensed by the state of California. I'm thirty-two years old, twice divorced, no kids. The day before yesterday I killed someone and the fact weighs heavily on my mind...' When Laurence Fife was murdered, few cared. A slick divorce attorney with a reputation for ruthlessness, Fife was also rumoured to be a slippery ladies' man. Plenty of people in the picturesque Southern California town of Santa Teresa had reason to want him dead. Including, thought the cops, his young and beautiful wife, Nikki. With motive, access and opportunity, Nikki was their number one suspect. The Jury thought so too. Eight years later and out on parole, Nikki Fife hires Kinsey Millhone to find out who really killed her husband. But the trail has gone cold and there is a chilling twist even Kinsey didn't expect...

Journal Entry 2 by ChinaSourcer from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, June 18, 2004
Offered on the BookRelay and posted to FamFatale.

Journal Entry 3 by FamFatale from Chantilly, Virginia USA on Friday, December 24, 2004
Received today via bookrelay. Looks like this book took the long route. LOL

Journal Entry 4 by FamFatale at mailed in Casualreader.net, Bookrelay -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 10, 2005
Released on Monday, January 10, 2005 at about 6:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at mailed in Casualreader.net, Bookrelay Controlled Releases.

Released via bookrelay to khillz28

Journal Entry 5 by khillz28 from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, January 18, 2005
received today via bookrelay. Thank you!

Journal Entry 6 by khillz28 from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Thursday, January 20, 2005
what more can you say about a author who at the first of the book proclaims " For months I lay in bed and plotted how to kill my ex husband. But I knew I'd bungle it and get caught, so I wrote it in a book instead." :-)

Journal Entry 7 by khillz28 from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, February 02, 2005
released via book relay to surfenkitten

Journal Entry 8 by surfenkitten from Audubon, New Jersey USA on Sunday, February 06, 2005
thanks! wanted to read this one for quite awhile...have some of the other letters, but of course i wanted to start at the beginning :)

Journal Entry 9 by surfenkitten from Audubon, New Jersey USA on Friday, February 24, 2006
finally got around to reading this one! didn't realize it had been so long...thanks for sending khillz!

i liked it although its not really in my usual taste. kinsey milhone is a little too cut & dry for me. but i'll be reading the rest in the series! at least the ones i have.

not sure where i'll release this one...maybe in the obcz...

Journal Entry 10 by spaceystacey from Bridgeton, New Jersey USA on Saturday, March 25, 2006
Just picked up in the Haddonfield Starbucks. Will be reading shortly and rereleasing.

This is my first read of the alphabet series. I must say that I have really enjoyed this Kinsey Millhoun character and wil be looking for the rest of this series.

07/07/08 will be passing along to my cousin, who has yet to be come a bookcrossing member but there is hope that she will join before the summer's end.