Want You Dead (Roy Grace)

by Peter James | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1447203194 Global Overview for this book
Registered by 4evagreen of Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 1/20/2015
Journal Entry 1 by 4evagreen from Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Given to me by my mother who has another copy.

Journal Entry 2 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 02, 2020
The book opens with a pretty graphic description of the torture and murder of Brighton GP Karl Murphy. It takes a while for young estate agent Red Westwood, who has been dating Karl, and hence the police, to realise what we as a reader already knows, that she is being stalked by her violent ex-boyfriend Bryce Laurent.

Whilst I found Red a generally feisty and likeable character I didn't find her particularly believable, the less said about the implausible Super-human, multi-skilled, elusive villain with a liking of setting fires is probably for the better. The texts that were supposedly sent between the two when they were in a relationship were pretty laughable as well.

I read this book as a one off and in that regard it just didn't work for me but cannot say whether or not that this is because it is better or worse that the author's usual output. It certainly won't make me rush out and seek any others but at least it was a relatively quick read.

Journal Entry 3 by 4evagreen at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 10, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (10/10/2020 UTC) at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Going out as part of a Reading it/Want it thread. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by kingfan30 at -- Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 12, 2020
Thank you so much for sending the book

19 Jan 21 - This was the perfect book to be reading to take my mind off the madness of the outside world at the moment, a goo way of taking my mind off things. Now the 10th in the series which I’ve followed from the beginning, I was kind of hoping we’d seen the back of the Sandy story line, not so I’m afraid as she makes appearances in this book too. The main story line was ok, the controlling stalker ex boyfriend, however it felt like there was nothing he couldn’t do and the keep going over old texts were just a bit cringe and repetitive. Despite the fact I didn’t really take to Red either, I still got sucked in and felt the tension at times.

Journal Entry 5 by kingfan30 at -- Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/23/2021 UTC) at -- Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Sent on after a request from the reading it want it forum

Journal Entry 6 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, January 30, 2021
Received in the post from Kingfan30 and just out of quarantine. My husband will have this first as his tbr pile isn’t so big as my own. Thanks very much.