Susannah's Garden

by Debbie Macomber | Audiobooks |
Registered by LittleWhiteBird of Pasadena, California USA on 1/19/2015
Journal Entry 1 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Monday, January 19, 2015
8 CDs, unabridged.

When Susannah Nelson turned eighteen, she said goodbye to her boyfriend, Jake—and never saw him again. She never saw her brother, Doug, again, either. He died unexpectedly that same year.

Now, at fifty, Susannah finds herself regretting the paths not taken. Long married, a mother and a teacher, she should be happy. But she feels there's something missing in her life. Not only that, she's balancing the demands of an aging mother and a temperamental twenty-year-old daughter.

Her mother, Vivian, a recent widow, is having difficulty coping and living alone, so Susannah goes home to Colville, Washington. In returning to her parents' house, her girlhood friends and the garden she's always loved, she also returns to the past—and the choices she made back then. What she discovers is that things are not always as they once seemed. Some paths are dead ends. But some gardens remain beautiful…

Journal Entry 2 by LittleWhiteBird at Pasadena, California USA on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (3/12/2015 UTC) at Pasadena, California USA

An interesting story. The end was a bit surprising for me, which was good.

I offered this book for iwillrejoice's Audiobook VBB and booklady331 chose it. I'm happy it has found another interested reader so fast.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, March 16, 2015
The book arrived today. Thank you for sharing with me.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, May 24, 2015
I realized that I have already read this book. So now to find a new home for this book.

Reserved for my VBB Audio CD box

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (7/18/2015 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! KTM RABCK to dabercro

Journal Entry 6 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Wednesday, August 05, 2015
Arrived in the mail yesterday. Thanks for sending

Journal Entry 7 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Wednesday, September 09, 2015
I enjoyed listening to this book during my work commutes. Susannah returns to her childhood home when she receives word that her elderly mother's health is failing. While in her hometown, she reconnects with friends and learns some truths about what really happened with her boyfriend and her brother.

Journal Entry 8 by dabercro at another bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (9/17/2015 UTC) at another bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Passing on to Aberpeter in WA.

Journal Entry 9 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Journal Entry 10 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Tuesday, March 01, 2016
I definitely enjoyed listening to this book. However, I thought Susanna made some bad choices and I couldn't stand her daughter Chrissy. Outside of those two character flaws, I was totally wrapped up in the story. I predicted part of the ending, but not all of it. It was refreshing to have a surprise at the end.

Journal Entry 11 by Aberpeter at Renton, Washington USA on Monday, April 25, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (4/25/2016 UTC) at Renton, Washington USA

sending to imawinn2

Journal Entry 12 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, May 03, 2016
This audiobook arrived while I was out of town. It is now safe and sound. Thanks for sharing! I have been reading a few of Debbie Macomber and look forward to being entertained by another one of her stories.

Journal Entry 13 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, February 05, 2017
I listened to this CD back in December. Got backed up but now getting caught up on journaling. I enjoyed this audiobook, just as I have enjoyed all the Debbie Macomber books I have read so far. It was a good storyline with some suspense. I will say, Susannah's daughter drove me crazy and I thought her pretty self-absorbed. I'm just getting into the Blossom Street series. Looks like I'll be reading a few more of these. I've got a couple of audiobook boxes coming my way, so shouldn't be long before this one continues it's travels.