Timeline

by Michael Crichton | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by froggy-frog of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 2/1/2004
Journal Entry 1 by froggy-frog from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, February 01, 2004
Das Buch kommt bald in die Kinos.... also für alle die es noch nicht gelesen haben, egal ob ihr den Film gucken wollt oder nicht: Jetzt Lesen ! Das Buch ist allerdings im Original (= Englisch) - aber nicht so wirklich schwiergig zu lesen !

Für alle Freunde des historischen Romans empfehlenswert ....
von Amazon.co.uk:
When you step into a time machine, fax yourself through a "quantum foam wormhole" and step out in feudal France circa 1357, be very, very afraid. If you aren't strapped back in precisely 37 hours after your visit begins, you'll miss the quantum bus back to 1999 and be stranded in a civil war, caught between crafty abbots, mad lords and peasant bandits all eager to cut your throat. You'll also have to dodge catapults that hurl sizzling pitch over castle battlements. On the social front, you...

Also bei Interesse PM ! Bookring ist auf 7 Personen begrenzt und kann ab dem 08.02. starten (will's vorher selbst nochmal kurz durchblättern... *g*

Folgende Bookcrosser nehmen teil:
1. Co-Ste (Sweden)
2.Infomanager (D) 3. Rory-G (Finland)
4. dutch-flybaby (Netherlands)
5.Zartbitter (D)
....

und wieder an mich zurück ! <== the book is back !

Journal Entry 2 by froggy-frog at n/a in n/a, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 10, 2004
Released on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at n/a in n/a, By Post Controlled Releases.

Das Buch macht sich heute auf den weg zur 1. Station des Bookrings, zu Co-Ste nach Schweden. (The book starts today his bookring-journey, first station will be Co-Ste in Sweden)

Journal Entry 3 by Co-Ste from Umeå, Västerbotten Sweden on Friday, February 20, 2004
Received today! It looks great.

Journal Entry 4 by Co-Ste from Umeå, Västerbotten Sweden on Tuesday, March 16, 2004
I'm sorry that it took me so long to read this book, and I will send it to Infomanager this week.

I really liked the book. It was an interesting story, though some parts were a bit unrealistic. I'll write a review later.

Journal Entry 5 by toshokanin from Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Thursday, April 15, 2004
Collected from the post office today.

Journal Entry 6 by toshokanin from Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Monday, May 24, 2004
I don't know exactly what to write about this book. Did I like it, or not?
I don’t really think it’s a good book. The characters are rather one-dimensional, the story is sometimes not very convincing. Too many things happen in only one and a half days. Everything is too much Hollywood. But, nevertheless, I enjoyed reading the book and found myself glued to it from the first to the last page.

The next stop will be Finland.

Journal Entry 7 by RoryG from Palmdale, California USA on Monday, June 07, 2004
Received this one few days ago (just couldn't get to internet). I have to finish abother bookring book first, but I can't wait to get to this one.

Journal Entry 8 by RoryG from Palmdale, California USA on Sunday, June 20, 2004
I really loved the book. Crichton makes unbelievable sound believable. Just really couldn't put this one down. I think I have to read Jurassic Park again...

Well, this will be off to dutch-flybaby tomorrow.

Journal Entry 9 by dutch-flybabe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, June 30, 2004
I found three books on my doorstep when I came home very early this morning from my 10 day holiday in Turkey and this is one of them. I have two more bookringbooks to read before this one, which I'll start reading as soon as possible. Thanks RoryG!

Journal Entry 10 by dutch-flybabe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, July 14, 2004
ALLRIGHT!!!!! I just finished this book at I loved it. I've laughed out loud at Chris's tournament experiences. I could almost see him riding 'like a flopping rag' :)
This book reminded me a bit of Jurassic Park, a book that I liked as well (which was by the way far better than the movie). The story grabbed me from the beginning and I looked forward to reading every time I picked up the book again.
It's almost a 10, but for one big mystery: who released Chris from his armor and when ? This question distracted me for several pages.

Journal Entry 11 by dutch-flybabe at Main postoffice in Ede, Gelderland -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 30, 2004
Released on Thursday, July 29, 2004 at Main postoffice in Ede, Gelderland Controlled Releases.

Mailed this book to Zartbitter yesterday. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 12 by Zartbitter from Mohrkirch, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Tuesday, August 03, 2004
Got it today. Thanks dutch-flybaby and froggy-frog. I think I will need some time to read nearly 500 pages written in English. But up to now I'm the last member of the ring. So why hurry? ;-)

Journal Entry 13 by Zartbitter from Mohrkirch, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Wednesday, August 18, 2004
Mainly it's a thrilling adventure in the medieval world while travelling in the multiverse. You cannot stop reading the medieval part but the chapters in modern world don't give any feeling of plausibility. Anyway a good reading.

And now back to froggy-frog...

Journal Entry 14 by froggy-frog from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, August 26, 2004
My first Bookring-Book is back ! I hope everybody enjoyed reading as much as I and that all my others Rings come back as safe as this one !