Small Wonder: Essays

by Barbara Kingsolver | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by ukcanaus of Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on 1/19/2015
Journal Entry 1 by ukcanaus from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Monday, January 19, 2015

Sourced from Better World Books:

In her new essay collection, the beloved author of High Tide in Tucson brings to us, out of one of history's darker moments, an extended love song to the world we still have.

Whether she is contemplating the Grand Canyon, her vegetable garden, motherhood, genetic engineering, or the future of a nation founded on the best of all human impulses, these essays are grounded in the author's belief that our largest problems have grown from the earth's remotest corners as well as our own backyards, and that answers may lie in both those places.

Sometimes grave, occasionally hilarious, and ultimately persuasive, Small Wonder is a hopeful examination of the people we seem to be, and what we might yet make of ourselves.

Journal Entry 2 by ukcanaus at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (3/7/2015 UTC) at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

Sent as a birthday RABCK - hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Monday, June 15, 2015
One of my favourite authors - you do know how to spoil me my friend.

Journal Entry 4 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Wednesday, August 15, 2018
I have been reading this book on and off for a couple of years now! Started it before re-decorating the bathroom, and it somehow got lost ... Luckily it appeared again.
Therefore, I do not really remember the first essays. The latter ones though.... I really enjoy Kingsolver's critical and witty pen. She manages to highlight important aspects in our society, particularly the American way of living. I may actually use extracts from this book with my students.
I'll keep hold of the book for some time, as I would like to reread parts of this.
Very enjoyable book.

Journal Entry 5 by wingHaugtussawing at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (10/24/2018 UTC) at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway

Velkommen til BookCrossing!

Takk for at du fant boka.
Vær vennlig å skriv en kommentar på www.bookcrossing.com, så får vi vite hva som har skjedd med boka.
Du kan være anonym om du vil eller enda kjekkere: bli medlem (det er gratis).
Om du leser boka så kan du skrive hva du synes om den.
Om du slipper den fri igjen så fortell gjerne om det også.
Om du blir medlem så kan du få email som forteller hva som skjer med boka i fremtiden - spennende!

Er det noe du lurer på så sende gjerne et PM (personal message) til meg, Haugtussa, og spør.
Lykke til som bokkrysser.

Journal Entry 6 by LESEHEST at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Plukket denne med meg fra Haugtussas medbrakte bøker på BC-treffet på Mormors stuer i dag. Ser fram til å lese den