Drybread

by Owen Marshall | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1869419197 Global Overview for this book
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 1/18/2015
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, January 18, 2015
I picked this up in a second hand shop a while back - couldn't resist really, given that a) I used to work with Owen Marshall, and b) my uncle lives very near Drybread (on Drybread Road, in fact).

It's an okay novel. Marshall captures the feel of Central Otago quite well, and the story's interesting (though unlikely in places) but the characters suffer a bit from the unsympatheticness that seems to be so common in New Zealand writing. I'd love one day to read something by a NZ author where I actually like the main characters...

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Friday, April 22, 2016

Released 6 yrs ago (4/22/2016 UTC) at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece

A present for Panost, who gave us a wonderful tour of Athens, and some very generous gifts.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 3 by panost at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, April 26, 2016
A precious gift by a special friend. I love you very much and thanks for your friendship. Have a safe trip back home!